american attacked and robbed in sosua

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
http://detrasdelrumor.com.do/index....sta-denuncia-fue-asaltado-y-golpeado-en-sosua

since there are issues with detras derumor page here is the text:

Sos?a.- La tarde de este viernes un hombre de origen norteamericano, denuncio ante el cuartel Polic?a Nacional de esta ciudad que la madrugada del pasado jueves fue asaltado y golpeado por desconocidos mientras se desplazaba en un moto taxi.

Ruzer losif, de origen norteamericano, quien se encuentra vacacionando en esta ciudad tur?stica, narr? que mientras se desplazaba en un moto taxi por una de las calles del casco urbano desconocidos se acercaron y lo golpearon cayendo al suelo y sustray?ndole una cadena entre otras pertenencias.

Las autoridades iniciaron de inmediato las investigaciones y se presume que el hecho se produjo con la complicidad del motociclista.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
TURISTA DENUNCIA FUE ASALTADO Y GOLPEADO EN SOS?A

since there are issues with detras derumor page here is the text:

Sos?a.- La tarde de este viernes un hombre de origen norteamericano, denuncio ante el cuartel Polic?a Nacional de esta ciudad que la madrugada del pasado jueves fue asaltado y golpeado por desconocidos mientras se desplazaba en un moto taxi.

Ruzer losif, de origen norteamericano, quien se encuentra vacacionando en esta ciudad tur?stica, narr? que mientras se desplazaba en un moto taxi por una de las calles del casco urbano desconocidos se acercaron y lo golpearon cayendo al suelo y sustray?ndole una cadena entre otras pertenencias.

Las autoridades iniciaron de inmediato las investigaciones y se presume que el hecho se produjo con la complicidad del motociclista.

Bing

Sosua: the late on Friday a man of American origin, denounced before the barracks national police of this city early Thursday morning was assaulted and beaten by unknown assailants while he moved in a moto-taxi.

Ruzer Iosif, of American origin, who is vacationing in this tourist town, was narrated that while moved on a motorcycle taxi through one of the streets of the town strangers approached and hit him falling to the ground and subtracting you a chain among other belongings.

Authorities immediately began investigations and it is presumed that the fact occurred with the complicity of the motorcyclist.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
is posting links and excerpts from the text in spanish only a problemo? i can translate or summarize in english if there is a need.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Earlier this year we had a small debate on this forum about whether or not there would be an uptick in robberies/
buglaries come "high season" as a result of all the new "changes" taking place in and around the El Batey area of Sosua.

I told you so.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
It's not a big deal to cut & paste into google translate if I feel interested enough in the subject matter. Doing so makes for a learning moment as I may remember a new word or two for 15 minutes. That's just me though.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Earlier this year we had a small debate on this forum about whether or not there would be an uptick in robberies/
buglaries come "high season" as a result of all the new "changes" taking place in and around the El Batey area of Sosua.

I told you so.

I don't think one guy getting his bling snatched is an uptick.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I don't think one guy getting his bling snatched is an uptick.

When I said uptick in crime, I wasn't just speaking about crime against tourist. The Dominicans I know who live in and
around Sosua would disagree with you but thanks for taking the time to share your opinion with us.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011

I told you so.
December always has an up tick in crime. Its the season. Let's see what the high season has in store. The bigger question is, " how busy is ( will be) Sosua.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Ive noticed that when a crime happens in sosua it always in the title, but anywhere else you have to read through to find out where it happened

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I hate it when I get subtracted with a chain. Seems like there may be just a tad missing here. Getting in the Christmas spirit early this season. Why on earth did the type size change? Did I annoy a mod? Is this a warning?