getting priorities right

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
few days ago there was an accident on autopista duarte. 3 people died in a crash involving a truck carrying dewars whiskey. instead of whipping out phones to take pictures of dead bodies, as usual, dominicans jumped at the opportunity to stock on liquor. just in time for xmas too.

Tres muertos en accidente en autopista Duarte - listindiario.com
Varias personas del lugar tomaron las botellas que estaban a su alcance.

dr9xk6.jpg

rmn30g.jpg

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Was there ever a liquor truck crash that killed or disabled the driver that was not immediately robbed? Same thing happened near Villa when my wife was a kid. After drinking all they could the thieves sold the wiskey to lov
cal colmados. Police came around and checked all the colmados. Those that bought the stolen whiskey lost it. You can guess the rest. Oh and first off the dead driver is robbed of his wallet. Dead men do not need money. When I first moved to the DR this story shocked me. Now it makes perfect sense.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Sorry if I sound self-righteous, but that's just wrong. Now, what would I do if I encountered a similar situation.............well, its an easy one; I hate whiskey.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Worse than wrong. It is barbaric, inhumane, disgusting and immoral. The fact that I am no longer shocked does not mean I condone it. Its just how things are and I accept it as a fact of life in the DR. On the bright side I suppose that sometimes there are accidents and the victims are not immediately robbed and instead are taken to the hospital.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
On the bright side I suppose that sometimes there are accidents and the victims are not immediately robbed and instead are taken to the hospital.

When I was run over by a minivan in Puerto Plata, an older woman who lives on the street helped herself to my purse. However, when I regained consciousness and asked where it was, she returned it to me. The guy who hit me took me to the hospital too.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there was a poster here who wrote about having a little accident and being knocked out cold. when he came to he realized his shoes were stolen off his feet.

i am surprised that distributors of dewars did not send security to the site of the accident. depending on the size of a liquor truck and the type of drink the value of the merchandise can exceed million pesos. no one wants to give that away.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Too Late

i am surprised that distributors of dewars did not send security to the site of the accident...

That would probably take more than 15 minutes... there would not be one bottle left by then.

donP

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Saw a mango loaded truck wrecked on the highway from Bani one Sunday afternoon.
Before we got to the wreck, I thought it must be some kind of huge EVENT taking place.
Cars, buses, trucks, lining both sides of the highway.
Dozens of men,women. & children running around a field fighting for the mangos!!!!!!
MANGOS for god's SAKE!!!!!!
AND, some of the vehicles were Mercedes, and new "Yepetas"!
"Dominicanos" behaving,......WELL,....Like "Dominicanos"!
I would have gone after the whiskey MYSELF however!!!!
It's a matter of "CLASS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Worse than wrong. It is barbaric, inhumane, disgusting and immoral.
actually not as bad as the cornish people who used to lure ships onto the rocks to steal cargo

Status
Not open for further replies.