good night, sleep tight

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
30rr3p1.jpg

Salud P?blica confirma foto de ni?os amontonados es de Maternidad La Altagracia - DiarioLibre.com

the photo above was taken in a public hospital in SD, maternity unit of la altagracia. salud publica confirmed that but said this picture is a year old and no such thing can happen now. because we did not see 11 babies die in a single public hospital within one weekend, just last month...

this year so far DR registered 2,702 muertes infantiles and 149 muertes maternas.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
It's to keep them warm !!!!!

( cant help but wonder if they are ever mixed up.....).

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
One of the comments:
una pregunta: se supone que los ni?os que nacen ah? son de familias de bajos recursos, entonces, qu? hace esa gente pariendo por un tubo si no tienen condiciones m?nimas para darles a las criaturas? ahorita los vemos como delincuentes en las calles atracando porque no van ni a criarlos. estoy 100% de acuerdo con mejorar las condiciones de los hospitales pero vamos a estar claros. aqu? mientras menos dinero tiene la gente, m?s hijos tiene.

I agree with another commenter though that says its a staged photo to get more funds for Salud Publica.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
OMG I so wish I hadn't clicked on that link. Staged or not, that is horrific.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
i don't knowa bout that. salud publica seems to deny,deny,deny. today they claim that la altagracia is one of the most modern units in the carribean. ha ha ha.
Directora Maternidad La Altagracia dice Unidad de Perinatolog?a es una de las m?s modernas del Caribe - listindiario.com

In this article they confirm it was a staged photo, to show 'before' and 'after'. I wouldn't doubt that at a certain moment they have actually placed more than one child in a bed, but I find it hard to believe that the situation in the picture was an actual situation.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i did not understand it as "staged". i understood it was a mean to illustrate the situation "before" adding more beds and renovating the unit but it really took place.
“Es cierto que estas im?genes fueron tomadas en esta maternidad, pero eso fue a mediados del pasado a?o, dos semanas antes de habilitar la nueva unidad, y esa situaci?n permaneci? apenas dos d?as, pues fue solucionada con la apertura de la nueva ?rea”, indica un comunicado enviado por la direcci?n de la Maternidad.
“Lamentablemente esas im?genes, que fueron tomadas para un trabajo visual de “antes y despu?s” de la unidad fueron sacadas de nuestro hospital y andan rebotando en internet, pero esa no es la realidad actual de nuestra maternidad”.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I don't understand what all the fuss is about. It looks like they are just prepping them for when they are a little older so they
will be comfortable traveling by car, bus, truck, boat, moto or donkey.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
30rr3p1.jpg

Salud P?blica confirma foto de ni?os amontonados es de Maternidad La Altagracia - DiarioLibre.com

the photo above was taken in a public hospital in SD, maternity unit of la altagracia. salud publica confirmed that but said this picture is a year old and no such thing can happen now. because we did not see 11 babies die in a single public hospital within one weekend, just last month...

this year so far DR registered 2,702 muertes infantiles and 149 muertes maternas.

Not gonna click.