Bottle Recyling/Collection

MauriceNS

Jun 2, 2014
Does anyone know if there is any place in Sosua or Cabarete area where I can return empty bottles. I hate throwing empty bottles in the trash.
What do the bars do with empty beer bottles??

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
1. put your bottles in a separate bag/box and put next to the bin once a week/month. there are bottle collectors checking trash bins in most areas. they live off that.
2. there are 2 botelleros in sosua abajo. they buy bottles from individual collectors and then sell them either to the producer (presidente, brugal) or to other users. i will not bother you with the location of the guy who is further inside the barrio but the second botellero owns colmado/almacen on the maid road, almost exactly at the street lights of sosua abajo. green building, on the left hand side (coming from cabarete). guy's name is wilson.

Ron Anjero

Aug 8, 2013
Somewhere someone is going through the trash looking for anything worth a peso. Make it easier and put your bottles in a separate bag.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
as long as the wine bottles are closed with a screw-on cap and not a cork they will find a buyer.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no glass of any sort is produced in DR anymore. everything, from window panels to jars and bottles is imported. there are one or two companies here that buy crashed glass and export it in containers. they require the glass to separate: transparent, brown, green.

using old glass in a production of new glass is somewhat directed by the law (food administration and whatnot). any old glass can be used to produce non food grade items like glass pots for cemetery candles or bottles for chemicals. there are different regulations regarding glass to be used for laboratory equipment too.