Thank you to The Gorgon

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Now that all the paperwork has been completed successfully and the title transferred to me, I want to use this forum to say a big thank you to Mike the Gorgon for his invaluable assistance and selfless efforts to locate a reliable pre-owned vehicle of the make and model I wanted and well within my budget. Mike took the time to search and make up a short list of vehicles on the market, then came down to Santo Domingo to view and try them with me, advising and assisting until we found the right one at the right price.

Apart from his obvious professionalism, he is a really nice guy and he took the rough edges off dealing with the vendors in a decent manner. I would certainly recommend his services to anyone in the market for a used vehicle who could use some professional, knowledgeable, polite and gentlemanly assistance.

Thanks again Mikey.
Best, Bryan

CarpeDReam

Feb 17, 2006
Nice gesture on your behalf. And good to know. Was gorgon in the at biz or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
very nice on your part and a great recommendation for the gorgon going forth......anytime buying a used car it is good to have someone elses opinion

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Great post, can I ask what car you bought and the price?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I hope gorgon can make a go of this little side venture for the long term. It would be nice to have help with the purchase, inspection and transfer of a used vehicle. When I'm ready to buy, I plan to make use of his experience.

Good for your gorgon. Thanks for caring.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Now that all the paperwork has been completed successfully and the title transferred to me, I want to use this forum to say a big thank you to Mike the Gorgon for his invaluable assistance and selfless efforts to locate a reliable pre-owned vehicle of the make and model I wanted and well within my budget. Mike took the time to search and make up a short list of vehicles on the market, then came down to Santo Domingo to view and try them with me, advising and assisting until we found the right one at the right price.

Apart from his obvious professionalism, he is a really nice guy and he took the rough edges off dealing with the vendors in a decent manner. I would certainly recommend his services to anyone in the market for a used vehicle who could use some professional, knowledgeable, polite and gentlemanly assistance.

Thanks again Mikey.
Best, Bryan

thanks for your kind assessment of the encounter. it was a great experience for me to have met and dealt with a man of your manifest class and style, and i hope the vehicle will serve you well for many years to come. whenever i make it over to SD, it will be my pleasure to sit and shoot the breeze with you, which will make for a great afternoon.

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Great post, can I ask what car you bought and the price?
I was downsizing from my large and luxurious 1999 3.2L ISUZU Trooper SL (which is for sale, by the way) and looking for something like an 8 year old Nissan XTrail or Suzuki Gran Vitara. I'd already seen a few on my own, but had not been happy with them or their vendors, when I decided to give Mike a call. Mike's final recommendation was a 2008 4-cylinder Suzuki GV2000. The vehicle's value for calculation of the transfer fee, highly inflated by the DGII, is RD$568,000.00 but in the end I paid around 25% less than that, partially because of some minor paintwork issues, and mainly because the vendor was stuck for cash.