Looking for faucet parts in POP

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
I need to replace the thing at the end of the faucet. Not sure of the name, could b called a flow restrictor. It causes the water to come out looking aerated with a steady and even flow. Its a small part and contains a plastic piece with very small holes in it, on one side, the other side has a wire mess. I clean these out from time to time as it traps sand and other small particles and changes the flow of the water. I went to about 6 places today and was told at each place I would have to purchase the entire faucet. thanks

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Faucet Aerators

I need to replace the thing at the end of the faucet. Not sure of the name, could b called a flow restrictor. It causes the water to come out looking aerated with a steady and even flow. Its a small part and contains a plastic piece with very small holes in it, on one side, the other side has a wire mess. I clean these out from time to time as it traps sand and other small particles and changes the flow of the water. I went to about 6 places today and was told at each place I would have to purchase the entire faucet. thanks

I get those from Europe for my (European made) faucets.
However, I hardly need to replace them, as I clean the ones I have by soaking them in vinegar (overnight).

Faucet aerator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

donP

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
I'm pretty sure it is called an aerator.
You would need to know the make and model of your faucet in order to find the aerator that fits.
I have spent the last few days looking for parts to repair a leaky faucet.
I don't get why everything has to be so darn complicated.
We need a DIY thread here on dr1.

Edit:
Oops..I wasn't fast enough.
Got beaten out.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We went through this early this year, what a nightmare. We shipped down a portable dishwasher, which snaps/hooks onto the kitchen faucet. The thingy on the end was too small, so we tried to buy a standard size a little larger.

Everywhere we went they told us we had to buy an entire new faucet. :(

We'll be bringing down a new faucet next trip, because we couldn't find what we needed in NJ either.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Try Freddy's in Sosua, across the road from Productos Sosua Super Market if you don't mind the drive from POP. Next door to the Harley shop. They stock things like that.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Is it just the little screen inside the aerator that is your problem? Found a zip-lock bag full of those little suckers when I was getting things settled-in here. Don't know if they're a standard size for all faucets or not--mine are US brand made in China, like about everything else.

lol...
If someone had a ziplock bag full of those little screens they were probably for pipes rather than faucets.
Just saying.
;)

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
Is it just the little screen inside the aerator that is your problem? Found a zip-lock bag full of those little suckers when I was getting things settled-in here. Don't know if they're a standard size for all faucets or not--mine are US brand made in China, like about everything else.

set up a shop...make house calls... serious......they get corroded...and a big store should have them santiago...bellon....

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
During your travels visit the roadside pulgas (flee markets, junk yards), there are a lot of used plumbing devices to include faucets with aerators. Bring your used one along to compare. Bargain a good price. Check US online hardware stores, as they sell kits with all types of replacement parts. Having an EPS subscription will help you get hard-to-get small plumbing parts to you from offshore online vendors.

Regards,

PJT

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Import whatever such accessories and plumbing fixtures you need. Cheaper in the long run and much better quality.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Import whatever such accessories and plumbing fixtures you need. Cheaper in the long run and much better quality.

Agree !

It is the best option for especially for small parts. It saves you the high cost in time and fuel doing the hardware shuffle to the many vendors that do not stock parts. US vendors such as True Value Hardware, Home Depot, and Lowes carry parts and have online service.

Regards,

PJT