coming to sosua

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
I will be coming to Sosua on January 4 for 3 months. If anyone would like to meet for coffee or a meal, let me know.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Always interested in meeting new folks. PM me when you are here and feeling a diversion is in order.

Rgds.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
TTTTTTTTambo.....

you'll be here then.... right?

I may make the trip..... you and Buster Blowhard together with Derf

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
I usually come once or twice a year. This time is different. This is a trial to see if I want to make it permanent.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I usually come once or twice a year. This time is different. This is a trial to see if I want to make it permanent.

The answer is you do. The trial is to see if you can...

With the right motivation and attitude, you can be quite content living somewhere in the DR. It is different though and after a few months, one begins to either adapt to these differences, or you shave your head and run up and down the streets naked professing Brugal as the one true god.

See you when you get here...

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
I also tried the 3 month experiment. My wife lasted less than 2 months and went home to winter as she was homesick and missed the boys. I stayed for 3 months and expanded my circle of friends (mostly expat and some Dominican). I came to the conclusion that I thoroughly appreciate and enjoy my 3 month stay down here however I also do not think that I would like to miss the greening of spring, our very nice summer and the smell and feeling of the fall and coming winter in my part of Canada. I do not miss the snow and grey dreary days of winter. I am grateful that I have the means to completely enjoy what these 2 countries allow me to experience.

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
We will be down a bit later this year. Arriving January 13th and looking forward to the trip.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
We will be down a bit later this year. Arriving January 13th and looking forward to the trip.

You too are cordially invited to send me a PM should you feel the itch to socialize with an opinionated but friendly gringo. I have a wife that I rent out who can keep your better half occupied while we pursue simple solutions to complex issues.

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
After having read your numerous and loquacious but interesting posts I will certainly get in touch when we are there. Looking forward to it.

SosuaEnVivo

Nov 13, 2014
I am from near Chicago. Just arrived last night to Villa Mella, north of Santo Domingo. I am planning to come to Sosua for a few days to see some old friends. I'm up for a coffee and a chat.