Banks in DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Can anyone confirm this and which bank and where since I found this on DR1 news:

"APAP caters to deaf-mute market segment

The Asociacion Popular de Ahorros y Prestamos (APAP) is the first bank to offer special services to people with hearing and speech difficulties. The bank is working in partnership with the Asociacion Nacional de Sordos (Ansordo) and APEC University to train APAP bank staff in sign language. The new service is called APAP Todos (APAP All)."

Please confirm so I can relay to my wife in DR about this good news.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
No Dominican bank has ever done anything but provide servicing in the agricultural sense of the word.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
The reason I asked because my wife is deaf herself and her friends would benefit with this new service, it's first its kind in DR. I am quite sure that DR has maybe 50 years to go until they can match same level of service like we do here in the USA.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The reason I asked because my wife is deaf herself and her friends would benefit with this new service, it's first its kind in DR. I am quite sure that DR has maybe 50 years to go until they can match same level of service like we do here in the USA.

Hopefully it will help her. The name of the bank is in the first, third and fourth posts.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.