chic ken shortage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
4. No Christmas chicken shortage
Speaking at a meeting with vegetable and fruit growers in the Cibao region yesterday, Tuesday 2 December 2014, Agriculture Minister Angel Estevez said that there will be enough chicken in the country for the month of December, as there were expected to be 17,500,000 birds ready for consumption during the month, a million more than last year.

He said that chicken consumption had increased during the last month, mainly due to the introduction of the extended school day and the provision of lunch to the students.

As far as exports of beans, onions, garlic and rice were concerned, he said that only took place when the national demand had been met, which was 90% of the production.

He went on to talk about the several millions of pesos owed to potato and onion farmers in Constanza and said that National Congress needed to make changes to the Bond Law so that the money could be paid and that the money was owed during the last government and not the present one.

Is chicken the national holiday dish? for xmas new years 3 kings? i thought it was pork for the holidays... and i dont think they(d.r.imports chic(ken) do they?
and whats the big deal...if there is no chicken order the beef....

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
wow,,this is enlightening...A.M.Estevez talks about the millions of pesos owed to farmers,,,,,and then blames the last administration...doesnt blame the govt. and why is the govt involved in pot. and onions? like they have nothing( butter) to do? they might give money to the farmers as supports,, but ......they pay the supports but not for the produce...????

May 20, 2012
Yes, I thought it was pig too! We don't know the Dominican name for what we refer to as "pig on a stick" LOL.

Anyone know the Cabarete market price this year for a pig on the hoof? We want to send money to buy one for a Dominican Family, but don't know price this year.

4. No Christmas chicken shortage
Speaking at a meeting with vegetable and fruit growers in the Cibao region yesterday, Tuesday 2 December 2014, Agriculture Minister Angel Estevez said that there will be enough chicken in the country for the month of December, as there were expected to be 17,500,000 birds ready for consumption during the month, a million more than last year.

He said that chicken consumption had increased during the last month, mainly due to the introduction of the extended school day and the provision of lunch to the students.

As far as exports of beans, onions, garlic and rice were concerned, he said that only took place when the national demand had been met, which was 90% of the production.

He went on to talk about the several millions of pesos owed to potato and onion farmers in Constanza and said that National Congress needed to make changes to the Bond Law so that the money could be paid and that the money was owed during the last government and not the present one.

Is chicken the national holiday dish? for xmas new years 3 kings? i thought it was pork for the holidays... and i dont think they(d.r.imports chic(ken) do they?
and whats the big deal...if there is no chicken order the beef....

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the richer eat pig, the poorer eat chicken. those who can eat both pig and chicken. it's that simple, really.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
When I saw the Title I thought this was about a chic or Ken shortage. We have had plenty of chic lately as she posts often. However I clicked on this as we have Not had any Ken postings of late to my eyes, so we do have then a Ken shortage.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Or Barcelo induced posting, as is generally "his" case.

it's more like regional language differences between our world and chic's world:

2nipbow.gif

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
educated peeps....an alliteration(maybe not) is what we have here....yes it is a real article.....no body got the jist of the real thing..... as was said by chics mamselle "let them eat cake" no bread...let them eat cake " but me as a gringo if there is no chicken on the menu or it is finished....i have choices...beef, goat, pork etc...(no chic or ken ) let them eat(order something else as i am forced to do...) when there is no chicken i order beef...
but as a rule when i eat out...i try to stay away from the chics+ken and order something else...with beans my beef...Red beans grande beans colorodos...

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
educated peeps....an alliteration(maybe not) is what we have here....yes it is a real article.....no body got the jist of the real thing..... as was said by chics mamselle "let them eat cake" no bread...let them eat cake " but me as a gringo if there is no chicken on the menu or it is finished....i have choices...beef, goat, pork etc...(no chic or ken ) let them eat(order something else as i am forced to do...) when there is no chicken i order beef...
but as a rule when i eat out...i try to stay away from the chics+ken and order something else...with beans my beef...Red beans grande beans colorodos...

:alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

I give up.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.