Gift Wrapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Is there a place in Santiago to go get your gifts wrapped that has more than 2 gift wrap paper options? One that allows you to bring in your gifts. I went to Lendoiro and the selection of wrapping paper is atrocious. They only had 1 Christmas paper option and the rest looked like they were designs from 1965. Then I went to La Sirena and El Encanto but you have to buy the items there to be able to get them wrapped. You cannot bring anything in for wrapping.
I would just wrap them myselves but I don't want to buy a gazillion different rolls of paper and I like the look of different wrapping paper on each gifts.
Any suggestions on where to take my gifts?

SHALENA

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
IKEA has good paper if you ever are near there........

bought some 2 weeks ago

here's an idea....

one wrap for each recipient.... they see their gifts easily that way.....

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
IKEA has good paper if you ever are near there........

bought some 2 weeks ago

here's an idea....

one wrap for each recipient.... they see their gifts easily that way.....

Thanks, I was there a couple of weeks ago....didn't think to ask. I will go again.
We did the each recipient different paper last year, may do that again. I just think it looks so much prettier with different paper :)
Thanks again.

SHALENA

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Is there a place in Santiago to go get your gifts wrapped that has more than 2 gift wrap paper options? One that allows you to bring in your gifts. I went to Lendoiro and the selection of wrapping paper is atrocious. They only had 1 Christmas paper option and the rest looked like they were designs from 1965. Then I went to La Sirena and El Encanto but you have to buy the items there to be able to get them wrapped. You cannot bring anything in for wrapping.
I would just wrap them myselves but I don't want to buy a gazillion different rolls of paper and I like the look of different wrapping paper on each gifts.

SHALENA

Am sure you have good reason Shalena but I find it very hard to understand why you even ask this question. Can you just not buy nice gift wrap and do it yourself with your own personal touch for the recipients of your gifts?

Last edited:

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007

SHALENA

Am sure you have good reason Shalena but I find it very hard to understand why you even ask this question. Can you just not buy nice gift wrap and do it yourself with your own personal touch for the recipients of your gifts?

I highlighted and underlined the area you seem to have missed.
I could wrap them myself but this year I wanted each gift to have different wrapping, I think that it looks really nice that way and we will be taking pictures on Christmas day and I wanted to try it. In order to do that for the amount of gifts I have I would have to buy more than 20 rolls of wrapping paper, which in itself is difficult to find in the DR and that would also be cost prohibitive.
It costs very little to have a gift wrapped and I figured that someone might know of a place where I could take the gifts.

Thank you guys for your assistance.
Abuela.....we are not a very "craft-loving" family :)
We love craft assignments but not that much.

Thanks again. I will find something, thanks.

SHALENA

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
what i still do is use a chinese newspaper... especially the front page...or the middle...i have noticed that these are almost always opened first...not sure if peeps(people) are intrigued about them as they have never seen this wrapping before..or they want this wild and wondeful wrapping out of the way...then they can get back to their traditional paper...

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
what i still do is use a chinese newspaper... Especially the front page...or the middle...i have noticed that these are almost always opened first...not sure if peeps(people) are intrigued about them as they have never seen this wrapping before..or they want this wild and wondeful wrapping out of the way...then they can get back to their traditional paper...

really?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Where do u even get Chinese newspaper ?

Not convinced it will fit the OP photo op though :)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Buy something from China on the internet, it may come packed in Chinese Newspapers!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
ps, I prefer Japanese,&/or Korean!

Status
Not open for further replies.