New car plates needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
The guy who works for me just spent all day at the vehicle office in Puerto Plata. He went because his moto matricula was no in his own name and he got a new plate at the same time. He said that hundreds of people were in the office getting plates for motos, cars and trucks and it has to be done by 30th December.

My car is already registered in my name and last month I got the new Marbete without anything else being said. Does anyone know anything about this? Do I need to go and re-register my car? Thanks.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
the 2013 marbete has to be renewed before the year ends... the other part of your question is just mumble rum jumble..

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I don't know what mumble rum jumble means - whether you are being rude about my question being unclear or whether you mean my employee was giving me bad information. But I already knew about the marbete and stated that I had already renewed it. Anyway, your answer didn't help me much.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You don't need to do anything. As long as you renewed the Marbete you are fine.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I don't know what mumble rum jumble means - whether you are being rude about my question being unclear or whether you mean my employee was giving me bad information. But I already knew about the marbete and stated that I had already renewed it. Anyway, your answer didn't help me much.

i think you might have run into simple language issue. "renovacion de la placa" is what people here call getting a new marbete. so if you got that you are fine.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
i think you might have run into simple language issue. "renovacion de la placa" is what people here call getting a new marbete. so if you got that you are fine.

Mystery solved.

Either that, or the employee wanted a day off. :)

The employee may have been there a long time because he needed more than a marbete - bad time to try to get name changed, etc.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.