Is there a good place to celebrate New Years in Sosua?

b1llyrae

Jul 14, 2014
Looking for a good place I can take my wife and adult children to celebrate on New Years Eve in Sosua. Are there any events or clubs you would recommend?

SosuaEnVivo

Nov 13, 2014
Great question b1llyrae. I am also curious as to where to spend New Years. I am debating between Santo Domingo and Sosua but have NO plan at the moment. Will be watching your thread for ideas.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I have other plans for New Year's but when I was at the Check Point Bar yesterday they had a poster up advertising a buffet dinner, dancing, drinking (open bar) for $2700RD.

DonDR

Jul 14, 2010
Looking for a good place I can take my wife and adult children to celebrate on New Years Eve in Sosua. Are there any events or clubs you would recommend?

Everyone is going to Cabarete - to the Great Party at the beach. Be sure to book a table in one of the restaurants - so the kids will have a place to stay and eat. See the shows, live music everywhere, fireworks and many more. A lot of the sosuans will be there.

Clubs in Sosua will have different "shows" - your kids will be amazed but not you.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Bed?????? :)

maybe not just bed, but indoors is good. too many nitwits out there for my liking. wait until they have spent every penny they can beg, borrow, and steal, and are too broke to go out. then you party hearty the next weekend, instead of spending the next few weeks in Centro Medico.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I agree with DonDR and others. Although I live in Sosua the best new years that I've had here have been on Cabarete beach! It's a great family atmosphere!

b1llyrae

Jul 14, 2014
The Cabarette beach party sounds interesting. What time is best to arrive? What good restaurants are nearby? Do you need to bring a blanket or can you rent chairs? I assume a cab back to Sosua will not be a problem after? I just arrived earlier this week and Cabarete just moved higher on my list of "must visit" places.

I will also see whats happening at the Check Point. I would imagine that seating will be limited

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Check out The Beach Club at Sea Horse Ranch. It will be pricey, but most restaurants on Cabarete beach will not be cheap for New Year's.

The Beach Club prepares a special dinner party with multiple course dinner, live music and fireworks.

Seahorse Ranch is about ten minutes drive east of Sosua.

Telephone (809) 571-4995
Email thebeachclub@claro.net.do

DonDR

Jul 14, 2010
Check out The Beach Club at Sea Horse Ranch. It will be pricey, but most restaurants on Cabarete beach will not be cheap for New Year's.

The Beach Club prepares a special dinner party with multiple course dinner, live music and fireworks.

Seahorse Ranch is about ten minutes drive east of Sosua.

]

The drive to Cabarete is 15 minutes and if you want to seat in the SHR Beach Club - it is boring - there would be 15 tables and no fun at all (may be we have a different point of view on fun). And when the official dinner in SHR will end (around 10 or 10.30 p.m. - then the Club is closed) everyone will go to Cabarete - for the final countdown! And the fun will be there the whole night - until 4 or 5 a.m.

So why bother and sit in the place where is no fun and very expensive - it's New Years eve for christ sake! It should be music, shows, fireworks, dancing, freedom of joy and happy people everywhere!

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
New Year's eve.

Big street party in La Union...that is where I will be!! Local food and family!!

The drive to Cabarete is 15 minutes and if you want to seat in the SHR Beach Club - it is boring - there would be 15 tables and no fun at all (may be we have a different point of view on fun). And when the official dinner in SHR will end (around 10 or 10.30 p.m. - then the Club is closed) everyone will go to Cabarete - for the final countdown! And the fun will be there the whole night - until 4 or 5 a.m.

So why bother and sit in the place where is no fun and very expensive - it's New Years eve for christ sake! It should be music, shows, fireworks, dancing, freedom of joy and happy people everywhere!

Totally agree those places will be so DULL but if people like a more laid back "elegant" evening maybe that would be for them. lol

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
How I get safely home after a party is important. The Cabarete Sosua road is a deathtrap. Wherever I go for the celebration it will be within staggering distance of a comfortable occupied bed.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
??? The Cab-Sosua road is a deathtrap at all times HR....on NYE it is a complete lottery.
Anyone venturing out at NY should be aware of this.

Personally when everyone goes out i.e. NYE, Semana Santa, i stay home!

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
then you obviously haven't been in a near-accident! You can drive as carefully as you want, but at some point some idiot will be overtaking at night, on a hill, on a bend, drunk and you won't know what hit you.

Funny, my sister said exactly the same when she came here. I warned her to be ultra-careful and after a couple of weeks, she was like, ah its fine here, you're over-reacting.
Then she nearly got creamed by a mad lorry-driver. I'm not sure I've ever seen someone go quite so white before!

I've been nearly hit many times and hit a few times, it doesn't phase me really. Anyways my point is that I am
sure the OP will be fine going to Cabarete for New Years and getting back to sosua ok.

I'll report back on my New Years drive from Sosua to Cabarete then off to Gaspar Hernandez! Lol if I make
it ;->

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
had my share of accidents here. Fact is HOW you drive will not make much difference. No lights, super high intensity lights, passing on right, sail through red lights at high speed, large farm animals in road, high speed in rain, unmarked and pot holed roads and the list goes on and on. I have been side swiped, t boned, rear ended and wife even hit a tree head on to avoid killing a motoconcho. Drive much here and you will certainly be in wrecks. Add New Years Eve into the mix!!!!!! I hope you have a fun filled New Years but I will be enjoying myself in ways that do not end with driving on Dominican highways. Good luck.