Buena Vista - La Romana

RandyLRM

May 21, 2014
My girlfriend lived in Buena Vista Norte for the first year we were dating; I stayed there about a week a month before I moved here. We had great neighbors, safe to walk the dogs at night, mostly quiet, etc. I think of it as a middle to upper middle class neighborhood. I'd recommend it. What street are you looking at?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
My girlfriend lived in Buena Vista Norte for the first year we were dating; I stayed there about a week a month before I moved here. We had great neighbors, safe to walk the dogs at night, mostly quiet, etc. I think of it as a middle to upper middle class neighborhood. I'd recommend it. What street are you looking at?

Thanks. I don't even know streets there yet. Thinking about to move to La Romana next spring, investigating now. We will need a house with garden 3 BR min.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I don't know the name, but what about the area with all the new apartment blocks as you approach the traffic lights near the stadium?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I don't know the name, but what about the area with all the new apartment blocks as you approach the traffic lights near the stadium?

Not sure, but not very fond of renting an apartment, I need my distance. ;) Are there houses too in this area? Gotta check it out.

There is very little information to find reg. La Romana when looking up Google. All what comes up are vacational rentals and Casa de Campo :(

I think I will need to go in person to check.

pkaide1

Bronze
Aug 10, 2005
Not sure, but not very fond of renting an apartment, I need my distance. ;) Are there houses too in this area? Gotta check it out.

There is very little information to find reg. La Romana when looking up Google. All what comes up are vacational rentals and Casa de Campo :(

I think I will need to go in person to check.

Only two neighborhoods to live in La Romana beside Casa de Campo. "Buena Vista Norte" and "La Costa" where
most of the executives from Central Romana live. Carlos Morales Troncoso used to live in La Costa.

The best private school "Abraham Lincoln" in La Romana is in "La Costa"

RandyLRM

May 21, 2014
Only two neighborhoods to live in La Romana beside Casa de Campo. "Buena Vista Norte" and "La Costa" where
most of the executives from Central Romana live. Carlos Morales Troncoso used to live in La Costa.

The best private school "Abraham Lincoln" in La Romana is in "La Costa"

I'd add La Estancia as well. As for La Costa, I agree, but you have to keep in mind that the smell of sugar production will take some getting used to. Can you live there without being a CR employee (family member lives there and there is a waiting list for the places that face the ocean)?

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
La Estancia is in the hands of administrators ,but some nice areas are Altos de Rio Dulce below the Hogar del Nino school , in central la Romana between Luberes and Santa Rosa and of course Buena Vista .. in Buena Vista there is no colmado and can be prone to robberies .All areas to the west of Luberes should be avoided . Near to the Playa caleta there are some very nice new houses and is reasonaby safe .

Syork

Sep 5, 2004
We lived in Buena Vista Norte for 7 years and really liked it. Very safe and easy to get into town- even walking if you want to. There were reports of robberies but that's true in every neighborhood in the country. Lucas restaurant is the best in town and up off of the 9th street in BVN- very good Italian food and reasonably priced. Cable and internet were good and garbage pick-up twice a week but you have to pay Central Romana for that service. Good luck