Amet impose fines for no lights

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Amet impose fines for no lights
Agents from the Metropolitan Transport Authority (Amet) have imposed fines on 3,433 drivers who were driving at night in vehicles without lights between 25 November and 7 December.

Well I hope that they are also checking brake lights. This is supposed to be part of the inspection process for the revista!!!

Hell most of the public cars violate this one, an probably 95+ percent of the motor bikes.

Why only 25 nov and dec 7 is this going to be ongoing? right just like the rest of the traffic laws.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I hope it applies to Motos also. That is one of the worst dangers at night in the DR. Motos with no tail lights.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
This is supposed to be part of the inspection process for the revista!!!

13ztjlf.jpg

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Amet was forcing today many drivers to turn off their lights, as a protest against corruption, drivers were driving with their lights on(!?). Amet told them to switch the lights off.

(According to la 91 this morning on the radio)

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
I've owned cars that always had their lights on. Automatically on whether day or night.
Der Fish

For some years, cars intended for sale in Canada had what were called "daytime running lights" to force front lights on, day or night. By this point, some of those cars would have been imported here to DR.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
OMG. First its no alcohol when driving. Now its a requirement to have light when driving at night? What is this country coming to? If I wanted regulation I would have retired in New Jersey. i moved here to be unregulated.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
OMG. First its no alcohol when driving. Now its a requirement to have light when driving at night? What is this country coming to? If I wanted regulation I would have retired in New Jersey. i moved here to be unregulated.

Arghhhh !??.
If Amet continue to solve all theses problems, soon we will not even be allowed tinted windows !!!!
Oh wait, we arnt......... I think their "to do " list is being read from bottom to top..... ( which is a darn site bette than right to left, but eve so.....).

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
would be a great improvement ...if this was enforced properly ...could save a lot of lives ....and if the drink driving law gets enforced ....it might become safe to drive here

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i hate tinted windows because you see nada in the mirrors at night. some fools say that it's "safer" that people cannot see a gringo driving. i say it's safer to drive with your windows closed at night, especially if you need to enter/exit driveway or go backwards. not to mention that having to open windows in pouring rain sucks too.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
3400 ticketed in two weeks and that is just the ones they caught. How many of you will be driving New Years Eve? Add blind drunk into the mix and its a formula for disaster. How do you drive defensively when you cannot see the other car? The tickets were issued for no lghts front or rear. I guess everyone has to die someway. I just dont want to look down from heaven seeing I was killed by a speeding drunk driver with no lights.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
heh, heh, thanks for that Fish. I try and live my life such that it will be a jealous husband or a boy friend that catches up to me instead of a car with no lights speeding at night.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Is this to little to late or better late than never? So many people have died on that stretch of highway between Puerto Plata and Rio San Juan at night since I been living here. Its about time they started being a bit more proactive.