Your name?

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Now that some of the annoyance had disappeared(like weighing and getting price or fruits and veggie before going to cashier), but there's one thing that bothering me for long time. At the ferreteria, its annoying enough to pay first and go wait on line for the stuff to be fetched or to be cut but I have always wondered why would Ocho A or Ballon would ask for my name.

Does anyone in what interest ferreterias would like to know why Obama or Ghandi is buying nails and fasteners at 2:25PM on Saturday? Every time I go, I tried to use some famous person's name and not once they were getting the joke.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I think it is because they put everything on youre bill as you go along.
Example. Pool section, cloro and stuff. Load ure cart. Guy opens an " account".
Then u need 6 lb of nails. Give the name u gave the pool guy, sticks it in the same "account".

When u go to cashier, she doesnt have to count the nails again, just pulls up the account.
I always use my dr1 handle !!!!!

What I love is the guy who checks that the goods correspond to the bill, then stamps ure receipt. Then the guy at the door checks that ure ticket is stamped....... talk about triple redondancy.....

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i was never asked my name in ochoa or bellon. and i would so want to say it's grzegorz brzęczyszczykiewicz and see them suffer....

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It might be because some people have registered their information for tax purposes. My BIL gets a factura with his business # on it for everything, we even use his info when we buy big items, then he writes it off against taxes each month. It's in the computer automatically at some places.

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
It might be because some people have registered their information for tax purposes. My BIL gets a factura with his business # on it for everything, we even use his info when we buy big items, then he writes it off against taxes each month. It's in the computer automatically at some places.

I assume you pay your brother.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Then u need 6 lb of nails. Give the name u gave the pool guy, sticks it in the same "account".

When u go to cashier, she doesnt have to count the nails again, just pulls up the account.

What I love is the guy who checks that the goods correspond to the bill, then stamps ure receipt. Then the guy at the door checks that ure ticket is stamped....... talk about triple redondancy.....
Right? The triple checking is annoying as well.

HELLO? you just saw me I paid full amount at the cashier like 3 feet away and you saw the guy checking every item on receipt before they put it in. AND they still look at what I had bought and go though again.

But asking my name happens even with just couple of stuff. Just last Saturday, I bought just couple of items like a wood glue, Couple of Inversor water.

i was never asked my name in ochoa or bellon. and i would so want to say it's grzegorz brzęczyszczykiewicz and see them suffer....

LOL.
I am going to try famous actors name next time like Tom Cruise, Bruce Willis and Brad Pitt to start, I am going to wonder if they are getting the joke.

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago

All to prevent theft.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I am going to try famous actors name next time like Tom Cruise, Bruce Willis and Brad Pitt to start, I am going to wonder if they are getting the joke.

why not try korean celebrities? or straightforward korean tongue twisters?

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
would this not be dishonest alter?...surely you would not want to lower someone elses tax bill...should each person not pay their fare share
or are we seeing a darker side to AlterEgo?

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
would this not be dishonest alter?...surely you would not want to lower someone elses tax bill...should each person not pay their fare share
or are we seeing a darker side to AlterEgo?

It's a special little bait that DR government throws at you to lure the foreign companies to come in and produce work. Every year we have to renew our "tax-break" card and the company that holds it gets tax discount from the government. It's give or take.

Company takes:
The low cost of labor.
Cheap rental factory/warehouse cost.
Tax break purchasing from companies/stores within DR.
And many more...

The DR government takes:
The extreme cost of electricity/diesel for generator.
Work/health insurance/money for it's people.
Generate revenue to business from EVERY employees in the company.
Taxes and etc....

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
this is also very common in the US just tell them that they don't need your name and don't provide one simple