Santo Domingo Las Americas Airport Taxis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse Hales

Jul 22, 2014
I have a friend here that just realized he left his US Naval Jacket, Passport, and checkbook in the back of a taxi late at night 4 days ago. It was a taxi from the las Americas airport. I know the chances of recuvering any of those things is next to nothing but he has to at least try. Does anyone here know where or how one would go about trying to check on lost items like that? Does all the taxis at the airport work for one company? If so does that company have an office somewhere? Any help would be great. Thanks!

dropshort

May 18, 2008
Go into the taxi office which is about 60 feet south of the exit. (to the left)
It would be very difficilt to miss it, however....

DS

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
Happened to me not so long ago. Noticed it at checkin to hotel 5 min after leaving the taxi. We called the airport-taxi with a discription of the driver. Two hours later I had my bag, and the driver his reward. One reason more to take the official taxis.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Happened to me not so long ago. Noticed it at checkin to hotel 5 min after leaving the taxi. We called the airport-taxi with a discription of the driver. Two hours later I had my bag, and the driver his reward. One reason more to take the official taxis.

What number did you call?

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
offer a reward.........

No need, if he used an official airport cab the lost item will be found at the union office all he need is time and date when he jumped in the car.

A good tip is allways welcome!

JJ

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Jesse
It may be to late for my advice for your friend but it is a good idea for everyone to ALWAYS write down the taxi number. Any official taxi will have the ID number usually hanging on the rear view mirror. Also be aware of the description and name of the taxi company. This information is invaluable should anything should go wrong.
Take bachata's advice. he was a taxi driver for many years in the DR.
Good luck to your friend

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
What number did you call?
Don't know, the hotel did it for me.
As for the official taxis, I was a little insecure of getting my bag back, because I took some driver far behind who was cheaper than the front one's (but suggested from the other drivers).

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Don't know, the hotel did it for me.
As for the official taxis, I was a little insecure of getting my bag back, because I took some driver far behind who was cheaper than the front one's (but suggested from the other drivers).
Here it is an old Dominican expression... Lo Barato sale caro! That means paying less for a service most of times end up more expecive.

My lost and found department was so effective that I had to FEDEX forgotten items not only in my Taxi-Cab but at hotels facilities for my ex-clients.

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Now THAT is good news, very happy to hear it. Your friend should buy a lottery ticket.

Nope, no lotery ticket he did the right thing... if you use any tourist taxi or tourist transport you will be safe...

Do you have an idea of how much one of those taxi medallions cost?

JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.