Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New cédulas: A good experience

Folks I just came back from Sto Dgo--look at the calendar, it's a Saturday!!
    Yes, you folks out there that have been waiting to get your new cédulas, here is the indside scoop; THE PLACE ON LUPERÓN IS OPEN ON SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS UNTIL 4:00!!! WITH EXCELLENT SERVICE.

I kid you not. You can change your marital status, residence, profession, anything on the ID card...and it's all free and no hassle.

The place, as you should know is known to taxis (Apolo for example) a "Extrangería" or Johnson's across the street from Shell on Luperon..(In Spanish of course..)

Remember as of Next January 2015, the old cedula will be worthless in any formal transaction..

Cordially,

The Curmudgeon Hillbilly

HB

Moderator DR1.com

2. Likes Drro, Harleysrock, bob saunders, Abuela, PJT and 3 others liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it is quick and even with computer problems it is was less than 30 minutes.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

HB, wished I had known you were going, I'd have gone with you! My plans to go this week fell through..

So...anyone going to Santo Domingo within the next 10 days or so, I'll share in driving expenses. PM me. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Rose: I took the bus. Metro --> Sto Dgo-->Apolo Taxi (RD$200--> Extrangería/Johnson en la Luperon-->Taxi to Metro on Churchill--> Bus to Santiago..All told RD$1020 pesos and an afternoon. You could go right now and be home this evening.

HB

Moderator DR1.com

6. Likes Drro, MikeFisher, Frank the Tank liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up JCE Extranjería

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    I took the bus. Metro --> Sto Dgo-->Apolo Taxi (RD$200--> Extrangería
    We almost met...
    We were there yesterday late morning, I was the only one!
    Great service (all done in 25 min.).

The 'encargada' was very friendly and even offered us to call a taxi (Apolo).
    Great service (all done in 25 min.)

donP

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone interested in renewing...we are putting together a shuttle service to go to/from Santo Domingo and I am checking out interest from those of you on DR1. We probably need at least 5 people. PM me if interested. It would be within the next 10 days. I am only looking for interest now; when the date is confirmed, then we'd need commitment. Thx.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Hillbilly;1516236]Folks I just came back from Sto Dgo--look at the calendar, it's a Saturday!!
    Yes, you folks out there that have been waiting to get your new cédulas, here is the indside scoop; THE PLACE ON LUPERÓN IS OPEN ON SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS UNTIL 4:00!!! WITH EXCELLENT SERVICE.

I kid you not. You can change your marital status, residence, profession, anything on the ID card...and it's all free and no hassle.

The place, as you should know is known to taxis (Apolo for example) a "Extrangería" or Johnson's across the street from Shell on Luperon..(In Spanish of course..)

Remember as of Next January 2015, the old cedula will be worthless in any formal transaction..

Cordially,

The Curmudgeon Hillbilly

HB[/QUOT

My wife and I are here for 6 mths gone for 6. Our current cedulas expire in February. From your experience do we renew asap or can we wait until the expirey date. Unfortunately most things on the DR 1 forum get side tracked and getting a reasonable response is like herding cats. We renewed our residencies and drivers licenses this year but not the cedulas. Please share what you know.
    Thanks

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by melphis View Post
    Our current cedulas expire in February.(...)We renewed our residencies and drivers licenses this year but not the cedulas.
    If you renew your 'cedula' now it will expire the same date as your 'residencia'.
    Until 10th, January renewal is free.

Yesterday they told me that it is not yet known whether there will be a charge after that date.

So, it is up to you to decide; there is no obligation to exchange the 'cedula' now.

donP

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

follow donP'sadvice/.... they'll link your res/cedula.... get bthe new one before the deadline

why Not?

no cost to renew now... will be in Feb

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

So if I renew now will the expirey date be Feb 2015 or will they renew it to 2018 like my residency. I fully expect there will be a fee to go to 2018 and that is fine but I really dont want to go to SD and do the renewal if it expires in 2015 like my current one.
    The on going moving target here is challenging at best but for gods sake would thes clowns make a rule and live by it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast