Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Rest In Peace Lindsay
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,637
    Post Thanks / Like

  2. #2
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    god. when did telegraph become so boring and pretentious?

    dear writer,
    the "glimmer" you felt when you arrived at the eden roc hotel was only me, stirring in my sleep.
    sincerely,
    a stick lodged up yours

  3. Likes Luperon, ROLLOUT liked this post
  4. #3
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,441
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I wonder what is the going rate for a "Fluff" piece.

  5. #4
    DR1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    god. when did telegraph become so boring and pretentious?

    dear writer,
    the "glimmer" you felt when you arrived at the eden roc hotel was only me, stirring in my sleep.
    sincerely,
    a stick lodged up yours
    Geesh D, did someone pee in your cornflakes?? It's a nice article, why the negativity????

    Admin
    DR1.com

  6. Likes Matilda liked this post
  7. #5
    Rest In Peace Lindsay
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,637
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I thought it was interesting and makes a change to read nice stuff about the DR rather than murders, suicides and the like. I am sure it was a paid for piece as most are these days and as a writer of paid for articles you do what you are told to. It doesn't mean it isn't true. As far as the going rate is concerned, barker 1964, one of the best payers is International Living and they pay up to US$400 an article. The DR has always had a bad reputation in the UK - when I arrived 14 years ago all I knew was that there was no electricity and food poisoning. It won't do any harm for people to see a different side.

    Matilda

  8. #6
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Geesh D, did someone pee in your cornflakes?? It's a nice article, why the negativity????
    the article is as boring and pretentious as gwyneth's fleeced straw dry mop mane. i am not talking about the subject, simply pointing tired, forded hipster narrative that is unreadable. this is paid for advertising piece, no need to douche it up as it was in the running for a pulitzer. there are better ways to sell a nice destination. i weep for british journalism.

  9. Likes zoomzx11 liked this post
  10. #7
    DR1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    the article is as boring and pretentious as gwyneth's fleeced straw dry mop mane. i am not talking about the subject, simply pointing tired, forded hipster narrative that is unreadable. this is paid for advertising piece, no need to douche it up as it was in the running for a pulitzer. there are better ways to sell a nice destination. i weep for british journalism.
    Ah, a flicker of hope, somewhere deep in your hatred of DR you do realize it can be a nice destination for many visitors.

    You're beginning to remind me of a permanently banned poster named Hernandez who never had a nice thing to say about anything Dominican or in DR.

    Admin
    DR1.com

  11. #8
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    beginning to remind you?

    the merit of the article stands. among the flood of hipsterdouchness there are useful facts. but i object the style the message is delivered with. it's generation kardashian school of writing.

  12. Likes zoomzx11, Africaida liked this post
  13. #9
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    220
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    beginning to remind you?

    the merit of the article stands. among the flood of hipsterdouchness there are useful facts. but i object the style the message is delivered with. it's generation kardashian school of writing.
    what do you possibly have against "firmly graspable handles", "that swarthy enfant terrible Cuba" or "families gnawing at heaped plates of chillo"?

  14. #10
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    I found it good article, Santo Domingo is sleeping and is trying to wake up, there are a lot turist that they dont like to go to a resort and dont move anywhere, when they give more promotion to Santo Doming I think that Punta Cana will have to share their flights with Santo Domingo Airport and start to work with shared destinations Some days at the beah and some days in the City.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •