Is a licence needed for an air pistol in the RD?

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
In most countries a licence is not needed for an air pistol, what's the position in the RD?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
the idea is that the DR does not want anyone to have any sort of guns besides the cops. Just a little late for this change in attitude, eh! They believe that if they make legal gun ownership difficult and expensive it will somehow reduce gun violence. Like the street criminals obey the law.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
An existing pistol license is needed to purchase an air pistol.

I'm sure an air pistol would be worth something to local thugs on the black market. Your probably better off just buying a pistol. This way you can at least defend yourself should someone
try to kill you for it.

Last edited:

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
No idea of the law, but I have heard of air rifles ( pellets ), for sale in the campo. No questions asked, cash in hand. ( the funny thing is I was always hearing about them, but now that I want one to go after some rats in the chicken coop, no one seems to have one for sale anymore.....).

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Do you know if this is also true about black powder rifles and pistols?

I've wondered that too. Mine are all antiques, some functional and some wall hangers. But if I give them to the kids they'll just end up in a closet. To me, they're works of art.

I may just smuggle them down when the time comes.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Do you know if this is also true about black powder rifles and pistols?

Normal citizens are not allowed to own a rifle. Since a black powder pistol is a firearm it would need a pistol license. As mentioned already, an air pistol needs a license.