Nicole Reyes who was imprisoned for killing her husband - radio interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
I know that quite a lot of people on DR1 followed the story of Nicole Reyes, the Welsh woman who was accused of murdering her husband in Puerto Plata, imprisoned for a year and then released on bail earlier this summer. She is now back in the UK and has just done a radio interview with the BBC, it is here if anyone is interested:

BBC Radio Wales - Jason Mohammad, 10/12/2014, "I was prepared to take my own life" - Dominican 'killer' wife speaks out for the first time

Just...........pathetic

PanfilodeVaca

Jan 12, 2014
I know that quite a lot of people on DR1 followed the story of Nicole Reyes, the Welsh woman who was accused of murdering her husband in Puerto Plata, imprisoned for a year and then released on bail earlier this summer. She is now back in the UK and has just done a radio interview with the BBC, it is here if anyone is interested:

BBC Radio Wales - Jason Mohammad, 10/12/2014, "I was prepared to take my own life" - Dominican 'killer' wife speaks out for the first time

You mention she was accused, but wasn't she actually convicted? The internet gossip I read indicated she was enraged because he was cheating on her and ran him over twice with her SUV. Possibly she was chasing him with a boning knife and overreacted when she caught up with him. My wife once ran over our deaf cat. When she realized what she had done she panicked, reversed the car and ran over the cat going backwards. It happens.

Although it won't do the deceased esposo any good now, people can recover from these infidelity/revenge scenarios without resorting to vehicular homicide. Lorena Bobbitt is happily remarried and John Wayne Bobbitt claims to have been with 70 women since his member was expertly re-attached.

Last edited:

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
Not familiar with the case but did listen to the interview:

Here's what I took from it:

- She lived in the DR for ~10 years

- Wanted special treatment in prison because she is a British national

I understand the conditions here are horrible while in prison but what did she expect; to be treated like Pablo Escobar?

The interview was pretty lame too, it just ended, didn't touch on anything related to the case/trial, and was more about her being upset with her conditions while in prison than anything else.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Lets not give this farce anymore airtime.

She brought her way out of a conviction, end of story.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.