revista

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Hi everyone,
I went for the revista last year and got it right
But do we have to do it again every year?
:)

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The new revista is not out yet. No one has it. The last one is still good.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
THere was a thread started a while back saying that they are available, and someone posted "only 3 weeks left to get it. Or was that some other thing?
Der Fish

That was the current one. He is talking about the next one. If you have that one you are good.

Also the revista before this one lasted about 2 years. They were talking about changing the system then and never did. But it was delayed quite awhile. Don't worry if you have the last one.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
THere was a thread started a while back saying that they are available, and someone posted "only 3 weeks left to get it. Or was that some other thing?
Der Fish

you may mean "da otha one", which to do you have just a few more weeks left. it is a yearly thingty and not named Revista, it is named the "Placa" or often also just named "Marbete". this one is the important one to renew on time, you have every year 90 days to do so, and when those 90 days are up means AMET is running extra shifts stopping every freakin' car without the new sticker in the window, giving fines and filling the pockets.
for ole Trucks like mine it costs just 1.200.- pesos, for newer cars (5 years or newer) it costs around double of that. can be done at different banks, Not at the BR.
the here discussed Revista is still not out. so the only thing to do is to pay on time the 45 pesos at BR and keep the receipt as usual in the car handy. it is always valid for exactly one year from the date shown on your BR receipt.
i am almost intrigued that they may really change the Revista System within the next 2-3 years, and that could mean that they will not haver any new Revista Stickers available anymore, too much hassles and costs to print them and hand them out. they will be fine to see the last year's sticker in the window plus the receipt that the 45 pesos per car been paid at BR.

Derfish,
again,
the Placa is the important sticker to have, renew it before months end to avoid chitchats with the AMET powers.

Mike

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Mike is correct. After the end of December you will pay a fine of 800rd plus 2200 for cars from the last 5 years and 1200rd for older ones. Also they will not be sold in the same places that have them now. You will have to go somewhere else and it will be a real hassle.

Get it now............... Like Mike said , it is the Marbete not the Revista.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Derfish tricked himself, the guy sure been working at that place/bank, remebered the customer wanted be nice and help him avoid a line and bring the Sticker, hehe.

every year the same procedure again,
its all the same and even the same prices as the last years.

Mike

Siberian Bear

Jul 4, 2014
Sosua ...
I bought Marbet in the bank opposite plaero
1200 for cars up to 2010, 2200 to the most recent.
. .
without turn.
. .
in 3 minutes.

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
Santo Domingo: I completed the process yesterday without a hitch - Savings&Loan in zona colonial to pay the $1200 annual fee (my vehicle is 2001) then on to Banco Reservas to pay the $45 pesos for a new Revista. Then off to Ave Tiradentes (Quisqueya Ball park) with the receipt for the revista along with a copy of the matricula...they barely even looked at my vehicle, took the paper work and stuck the new revista sticker on my windshield....done

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Santo Domingo: I completed the process yesterday without a hitch - Savings&Loan in zona colonial to pay the $1200 annual fee (my vehicle is 2001) then on to Banco Reservas to pay the $45 pesos for a new Revista. Then off to Ave Tiradentes (Quisqueya Ball park) with the receipt for the revista along with a copy of the matricula...they barely even looked at my vehicle, took the paper work and stuck the new revista sticker on my windshield....done

hey, they really have the new revista sticker over there?
wow, here in the deepest Province i've been told nothing available.
what ever, the Placa Sticker is on, my 45 pesos are still not due, i always do that in january, every 12 months, hence my Revista sticker on the windshield has the lil whole in the "1" for "Enero", still good for some weeks.
may be i get it in higuey in the new year.
thanks for that info, good to know that the new ones basically exist, lol

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
same here at the bank across the Shell Station at the Veron Crossing. never a real wait, just bring a copy of your Matricula and the pesos to pay and a few minutes later you have the sticker in hand and can put it on the windshield of your car. they keep your Matricula Copy.

Mike

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
What is the procedure to get a new Revista sticker in case of windshield change? DGII has this procedure for Marbete, but where can I get another Revista sticker for the new windshield, if they don't have any Revista process right now?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Go to Quality Glass. They have places all over the DR. Where are you anyway? I had a windshield changed and they have a way of putting it on the new one with no problems.