You can now bring your Lamborghini with you.

donP

Dec 14, 2008

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
This has been about for a while. I know a few students that have brought in bikes they purchased in Puerto Rico.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I have seen quite a few german front license plates on fancy cars (often german made )......... but me thinks it is something else.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I have seen quite a few german front license plates on fancy cars (often german made )......... but me thinks it is something else.

you buy those plates at the car stereo shops. you can get plates from just about any country there. they are novelty showpieces.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
visitors from PR van bring their vehicles on the Ferry and drive them here legally with PR license plate as a visitor vehicle for up to 6 months, many boat owners who come for the Billfish Seasons bring their luxury cars on the Ferry to use them here during spring/summer, then back home to not be forced to pay import taxes/changes of license plates etc, back in here next spring.
you also see once in a while many foreign license plates when Biker and Oldtimer Clubs come over from PR for their DR Swep.

Mike

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
While living in Nagua my neighbors across the street had family in Puerto Rico and they drove a truck with Puerto Rican tags. They would come across on the ferry about once every three months with a truck full of goods to deliver.