Bank of America - Mobile Deposits Blocked

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I tried to deposit a check written on a Bank of America account in my own Bank of America account.

When I logged into my BofA account on my smart phone I was prompted to upgrade the software.

When I clicked on the 'deposit deposits' tab a notice popped up 'Sorry, Mobile Check Deposit is not available in certain regions outside the United States.

BofA customer service told me that Mobile Check Deposits are no longer allowed allowed from anywhere outside the US because of incidents of fraud.

That means no Bank of America mobile deposits from the DR.

WTF

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
I tried to deposit a check written on a Bank of America account in my own Bank of America account.

When I logged into my BofA account on my smart phone I was prompted to upgrade the software.

When I clicked on the 'deposit deposits' tab a notice popped up 'Sorry, Mobile Check Deposit is not available in certain regions outside the United States.

BofA customer service told me that Mobile Check Deposits are no longer allowed allowed from anywhere outside the US because of incidents of fraud.

WTF

My God man, people here are trying to get the most basic things without much success and you are complaining about mobile check deposit????

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
If you have Android get Hola from the Play Store.

Or you can buy a VPN.

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Had the same thing, VPN works great on iPhone and I'm back in business.

WTF

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Glad to hear there is a fix. I love mobile check deposit with my iPhone, I'll have to check out how to do it, or just give my daughter one more thing to do each month. :(

We sold a building in Atlantic City and hold the mortgage, have the best buyer in the world, every December he drops off 12 postdated checks for the next year. I was planning to deposit them via mobile the months we're in DR. I can't deposit them into my DR dollar account because the bank insisted in putting the account in Mr. AE's name and my maiden name.

Speaking of which [sorry a bit OT], I was surprised to learn from Matilda that when I get my Dominican citizenship it will be in my maiden name too. Even Mr. AE was surprised when I told him that.

tmnyc

Oct 19, 2006
My God man, people here are trying to get the most basic things without much success and you are complaining about mobile check deposit????

Where did you see that the OP was complaining? It was simply a statement of fact following by excellent work arounds by other posters.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
PROXY Time!

duh..

563995_743933909255_872681268_n.jpeg

If you have a problem it's your problem.

If you have Android get Hola from the Play Store.

Or you can buy a VPN.

Bingo...

check deposited!

Thanks!

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Hola has worked fine for me since I installed it in December and I've been able able to deposit checks.

For several days now I've been trying to deposit a check with Hola set to a US IP and Bank of America has been blocking the deposit. I tweaked back and forth and uninstalled and reinstalled Hola and no luck.

I installed a 7 day trial of Avast SecureLine VPN and was able to deposit the check. I think I'll purchase a subscription for $18.53 for a year.

Heck I can make that up by cutting back on the dog food. :lick:

(just kidding) :dead:

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
"%&??""?"?
don't blame the Dog for the Bank's War with You, lol.
i would not take their yearly subscription. like on Hola since december, they let you make a deposit or two of your checks to gain a new customer who pays their yearly fee, but the next check will not go thru.
better use their free trials and once the trial is up, use the next free trial application.

Mike

IMG_20150103_163506.jpg