22k dominicans in u.s jails...

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
i would try to work a deal out w/dom govt. next time they are getting some handout or loans....send them back...their families will feed them ...ive met quite a few ex/us doms...speak english well just cant go back unless they raft it..
in fact 1 that i met was educated and had money family that took care of him with remit...monthly handouts and lived at the family holdings in d.r.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i would do the same on all foreign convicts at both countries. let them do the full jailtime they are sentenced to and then send them right back home, for lifetime prohibited to enter that country again.
but many of those 22K hold american passports, those are americans then and you have to live with them over there, they are not welcome here.

Mike

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
The scary part is that a lot of them will only get a 10 year ban. Then they get the chance to do it all over again.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Some of course are hardened criminals , murderers and rapists, but many are small time drug dealers or couriers who were looking at making quick $$$.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
And those are only the ones that were arrested. Had a friend who got caught running guns and went to camp fed. His cellie was a futures trading criminal. With lots of time on their hands my buddy learned futures trading so when he got out he bought four computers and makes a nice living working at home. He learned his lesson in jail.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
i would do the same on all foreign convicts at both countries. let them do the full jailtime they are sentenced to and then send them right back home, for lifetime prohibited to enter that country again.
but many of those 22K hold american passports, those are americans then and you have to live with them over there, they are not welcome here.

Mike
That one was good mike, and let me add something else... Why send them back if they was formed here in the US???

JJ

manny20

Oct 2, 2012
The scary part is that a lot of them will only get a 10 year ban. Then they get the chance to do it all over again.

The scary part to is that a lot of them have nothing in the DR as far as income and those are the ones that rob and mug people

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
That one was good mike, and let me add something else... Why send them back if they was formed here in the US???

JJ

because they are foreigners who do not go by the rules of their choosen country, so that country has the right to send them back home where they came from and tell 'em to not come back.
the same should also be good practice here on the island, foreigners come in, get criminal, let them do their time and then send 'em away.

Mike

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
Seems most every Dominican male I run into that speaks fluent English, did time in the US.....Good news is these guys have steady jobs and seem to have cleaned up their act.

donP

Dec 14, 2008

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The scary part to is that a lot of them have nothing in the DR as far as income and those are the ones that rob and mug people

I know one guy that is working as customer service rep in a resort. Lived in the US from age 8 but didn't apply for citizenship at 18 and was caught in a sting operation transporting drugs (driver) . Left an American wife and two children in the states as his resort job isn't enough. Now he has matured/grown up due the school of hard knocks and University of life. He has no support system in the DR other than distant cousins as his family are all in the states.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I know one guy that is working as customer service rep in a resort. Lived in the US from age 8 but didn't apply for citizenship at 18 and was caught in a sting operation transporting drugs (driver) . Left an American wife and two children in the states as his resort job isn't enough. Now he has matured/grown up due the school of hard knocks and University of life. He has no support system in the DR other than distant cousins as his family are all in the states.

I know a similar guy. Moved to NY late 70s, married a NY-born Dominican, had 2 kids & good job, also caught up in a sting in 1990s. Took a plea, spent a couple of years in federal prisons, then got deported because he never bothered to get US citizenship. He's been bouncing around DR ever since, hasn't seen his kids in 20+ years, a real sad sack. Some of them just don't look ahead to consequences of what they do, this guy had everything and lost it ALL to make a few extra bucks that he probably didn't need.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
it shows us that theole saying is correct.
one day or an other Karma bites ya in the behind.
hopeully some youngguns of todays read such and learn from it that doing Drugs today("just" a driver sounds like he is then less a drug trafficker to ya than others) means you will be f.ucked in the future, go to school and when you wanna ownn expensive smartphones and drive big Jeeps you need to get smart first in school and then work hard to make the money for the nice things in life.

Mike

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Seems most every Dominican male I run into that speaks fluent English, did time in the US.....Good news is these guys have steady jobs and seem to have cleaned up their act.

Well maybe we can run into each other someday in Santiago so we can break that stereotype :)

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Guy I got to know ( distant family ), left when omly a couple of years old for the US. Studied there ( dont think university, but good education ). Whole family was in the US ( minus the father who was a typical...... well u get the meaning....). Everyone was legal, green cards and all.
Nice life.
In his mid twentys, beat up a guy to the brink of death supposedly over a car radio/ theft ( me thinks drugs, but there u go...... ). Couple of months jail ( the victim never turned up for trial......surprise surprise !!!! ). Freed and sent home to the dr.
Lives with his mother ( who has come back to the dr ), brother and sister are still in the US, have built themselves nice homes, support the mother financily, but not the kid brother ( shame of the whole thing ).

So this guy now works as a construction worker/motoconcho. Admits openly to me he is on the verge of tears when he thinks back to all of it... ( and he is a tough tattoed tigere.....)
Talk about throwing opportunities away........

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
it shows us that theole saying is correct.
one day or an other Karma bites ya in the behind.
hopeully some youngguns of todays read such and learn from it that doing Drugs today("just" a driver sounds like he is then less a drug trafficker to ya than others) means you will be f.ucked in the future, go to school and when you wanna ownn expensive smartphones and drive big Jeeps you need to get smart first in school and then work hard to make the money for the nice things in life.

Mike

Not really, he was a young guy with a job, going to college and his uncle, who tells the same story , talked him into filling in for the regular driver due to illness.