Best Dominican Resorts [Travel Channel]

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
We stayed at a couple of these resorts. They are truly wonderful but in todays world a bit over priced. If anyone is looking for a great deal at a brand new adults only check out the new Chic in Uvero Alto. It was supposed to open in Nov then early Dec but I think it opens the week of Dec 21. Its the old Colony Bay but from what I have seen its beautiful and its small

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the Chic already opened. they celebrated their soft opening on dec 17th, 4 days ago, and have already the first guests on site.
AE, nice listing. Tortuga Bay is truely a Top gun, counts caribbeanwide to the upper class, you dont get the AAA 5 diamonds several years in a row for anything mediocre. the person who made the listing should have tried to get a bit of information about punta cana before writing it. as a simple example: it mentions the great view at Tortuga Bay on the Caribbean Sea. ouch, the Caribbean Sea is not anywhere not even near the Tortuga Bay or anything in Punta Cana, we are here located at the calm beautiful waters of the Tropical Atlantic Ocean. Paradisus is a good pick for a AI, it combines a tropical feel, good service, located on year around swimable calm waters, but they put specifically their Reserve section in the list, which is located way back/away from the beach, not a top runner location in my opinion for a Beach Resort.
the Secrets, come on, the Secrets is overpriced average mid class at best. they provide good services, but dining is very limited, for most you have to walk over to the family neighbour Now Larimar, and the foodies there are not of the best within the large AI family in PC.
i always like it to see that the DR gets positive mentioning like on the travel channel, but when do they start to let someone with knowledge make some rankings.
cant comment on the Samana Resort, never stayed at that one.

Mike

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
naaaa, the correct/full address of every beach location/every location here on the East in the area commonly named Bavaro/Punta Cana, contains Higuey, that sounds weird for someone from the outside looking on a Map, but it is the correct address.
take my own address as an example.
i live right on the beach in Cabeza de Toro.
the correct address is:
Villa Guadaloupe
Cabeza de Toro
Higuey/La Altagracia
Republica Dominicana

i guess the writing of the addresses is a leftover from the good ole times when that whole Punta Cana was a Mangroves area with few housings/first few hotels, and needed a postal address. the next real town was Higuey, reachable in a good 4x4 on ways you would not name streets.

Mike