Living in Punta Rucia?

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
HI everyone and Merry Xmas

Im wondering how it would be to go and live in Punta Rucia?
Any ideas and feedbacks?
:)

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
At one point, Hillbilly had a house there. PMing him might be a good place to start.

masstache

Nov 26, 2014
HI everyone and Merry Xmas

Im wondering how it would be to go and live in Punta Rucia?
Any ideas and feedbacks?
:)

well have you already been there to check it out,i have been there a few times and love it,i would live there in a heartbeat and may well at some time,its very quiet there and i like the beach great for swimming snorkling and clean,if your looking for a quiet place to live this is it,and still close to puerto plata,if you need further help like where to stay just ask

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Well Ive lived in Sosua for 3 years and I guess I'll be looking for a quieter and cleaner place. And for a quite radical change as well. Never been to Punta Rucia and I'll go for a visit in January. But it will be for a week or so... Then Ill have to take my decision :)

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
always rent firstly for a longer while when in a new area.
there are too many things that do not show up on first sight on a weeks stay but could come out very bothering on the longer term. to purchase property is a def desicion, if you dont like it anymore after some months it is tough to get rid of property for a decent price again.

Mike

b?rbaro

Jul 9, 2014
yep, it's beautiful but very quiet there. Small fishing community.

This summer we had some drinks (think there's only brugal and perhaps persidente) in what I believe is the only bar in town, which is more like a social club for the locals and the kids.

I think there are 2 restaurants and just saw a colmado. I wouldn't say it's close to Puerto Plata, it's like 1 hour drive or perhaps a bit more if I'm not mistaken.

2 or 3 small hotels in town and a couple more next to la ensenada.

Good place to write a thesis.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Try moving to San Jose de Los Llanos. Or El Puerto.. Talk about quiet.

As an added bonus - Most of the men from those towns come to the City for work, leaving the womenfolk home alone.

Makes for an interesting dynamic.

it gets even more dynamic when some neighbor tells the husband, on any occasion he might need to come home, that you have been banging the wife while he was away.

exeurodominican

Feb 1, 2014
Friends of ours owned for 40 years a house at the beach in Punta Rucia. They went there sometimes for the weekend and in my opinion that’s nice. But living there with no supermarket or hospital nearby seems to me pretty boring after a few weeks.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
You may want to check out Luperon. Luperon is a small marina town with a beach and many more small town conveniences than Punta Rucia. It is also not far from Punta Rucia for day outings. And it has a beach and others not far away. You would need a car. Also, think it would be easier to find a good place to rent.

Both places are quiet. Places to go to write a book… There are good road connections, so you could make day trips to Puerto Plata for shopping, or even to Santiago.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
I think punta Russia is very unattractive. Big problems with land titles. Unbearable on the beach for loud music. Very boring too.

trucker

Mar 20, 2011
Playa Ensenada is a mile from Punta Russia. Fantastic beach and at least 40 bars and restaurants on the beach. Do Not buy a house there without a good lawyer. And not one from that area.
I have lived in Luperon many years. It is a sleepy lil town. Not much crime. Not much to do. People are more laid
Back. Beaches are small but nice. Go to either of these places and enjoy.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Punta Rusia was a quiet laid back place when we first visited there. A few years later there where more bars at Ensenada and tourists galore on day trups at Ensenada.

Punta Rusia used to be my quiet getaway place but no longer.

b?rbaro

Jul 9, 2014
Punta Rusia was a quiet laid back place when we first visited there. A few years later there where more bars at Ensenada and tourists galore on day trups at Ensenada.

Punta Rusia used to be my quiet getaway place but no longer.

Perhaps your lasts visits took place during the weekend? that's when la ensanada gets packed with dominicans who arrive in those yellow american school buses from Santiago.

This summer I was with a friend there during the week and we had the whole beach for us!

Give it a go during the week, it's still very quiet and laid back.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Playa Ensenada is a mile from Punta Russia. Fantastic beach and at least 40 bars and restaurants on the beach. Do Not buy a house there without a good lawyer. And not one from that area.
I have lived in Luperon many years. It is a sleepy lil town. Not much crime. Not much to do. People are more laid
Back. Beaches are small but nice. Go to either of these places and enjoy.

I have never had a problem in Luperon either, but videos like the one below give many a bad perception of it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4waPi9ldk_k