An idea worth trying

Fraggle2

Dec 21, 2014
There is a bar in Sosua called Fraggle Rock.

It opened in July of this year and we are now contemplating activities which we wanted to tell people about e.g. A Mexican Train Domino afternoon. A Chit Chat group to give new residents and snowbirds a chance to meet longer term residents and visitors etc.

An ad on DR1 with an associated thread seemed a good idea.

We are English and have lived in the Sosua area full time for about 10 years having previously spent a couple of years as snowbirds. We originally had an apartment in the centre of Sosua and then built a house in the hills between Sosua and Cabarete where we have lived for approximately 8 years. We have two rescue dogs and a varying number of free range chickens.

The bar is nice, but it is just a bar - although it does have very long opening hours, we close at 3.00am. I don't want to hype it up to be more than it is.

We look forward to posters comments and welcome their expertise.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
good luck with the almost new bar....a bar can be a lot of work....but can also be very rewarding ...and not just in a monetary sense

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I move the thread to the Living forum.

I suggest you add a personal touch to the thread.

Bar location, few photos etc would be a good start.

Good luck with the new bar!

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I've heard of Fraggle Rock, not exactly sure where it is located but it's on my list of places to visit in the near future. I'm looking forward to seeing the place during the holidays and perhaps meeting the owners to find out if they live on "my hill".

Rgds.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
It is next door to the Hotel Cayana (sp) on the road down to Alicia beach. Across the street form el Rancho Hotel.

Very nice owners.

Bob K

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Thx Bob. I accidentally found Playa Alicia once before, I'll have to see if I can do that again.The other landmarks you mentioned I don't recall processing as I screamed by at light speed on my way to the Baileys distributor.

Aug 21, 2007
Cdn Gringo, do you know where Waterfronts Restaurant is? Or the Bon ice cream shop? If so, go down that street. The owners are great, down to Earth people.

Fraggle, are you saying no food? Shucks! I don't get out to bars much, but would stop by for a bite. Okay. For you, maybe I would make an exception.

Best of luck. You are great people and you deserve success.

Lindsey

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Thx Bob. I accidentally found Playa Alicia once before, I'll have to see if I can do that again.The other landmarks you mentioned I don't recall processing as I screamed by at light speed on my way to the Baileys distributor.

You saying that Bailey doesn't deliver to you.....?

you need to up the volume..........

Fraggle2

Dec 21, 2014
I move the thread to the Living forum.

I suggest you add a personal touch to the thread.

Bar location, few photos etc would be a good start.

Good luck with the new bar!

Robert,

Thank you for your comments. I was hoping to open a thread entitled "Fraggle Rock Bar, Sosua" in the North Coast Section. Does your moving this to the living section preclude me from doing this?

I had hoped by briefly introducing myself I could (at least to start with) keep the Fraggle Rock thread relevant.

Thank you.

Fraggle2

Dec 21, 2014
Thank you everyone for your kind comments. I hope to open a thread called Fraggle Rock, Sosua. Where I was going to post directions and what we do.

Yes Lindsey we do food. In fact we're serving Christmas Dinner Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 12.30, but I won't say more because I want Robert to allow me to open a strictly relevant thread, rather than my new members introduction.

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
We are always looking for new places and faces when we come to our second home in Sosua to escape the winter months.
See you in a few weeks.
matt and Lorraine.