DR to PR and Back

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
Does anyone know the cheapest way to visit Puerto Rico from DR as a US citizen and can the DR residency process be started in PR vs Going back to states? And if my tourist card will be renewed upon return to DR from PR? Thanx

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Does anyone know the cheapest way to visit Puerto Rico from DR as a US citizen and can the DR residency process be started in PR vs Going back to states? And if my tourist card will be renewed upon return to DR from PR? Thanx

It hasn't been stated, but I believe you must leave through SD. I haven't found a ferry leaving from PC or anywhere else. And it does seem to be an all-night ride to PR. That $100 is a 1-way trip, RT is $190.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Check air turks and Caicos, and Seaborne air. About 100.00 each way. I use both a lot out of San Juan. Air T&C to POP, Seaborne to La Capital or PC.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Check air turks and Caicos, and Seaborne air. About 100.00 each way. I use both a lot out of San Juan. Air T&C to POP, Seaborne to La Capital or PC.

where can i find the rates for those flights? i was on the seaborne site but couldnt find prices(yeah, me stupid). please post a link.
i didnt visit PR by plane the past 14 months, but last year the flights been only out of santo domingo and costed over 1 grand$$$ per roundtrip.

thanks

Mike

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
where can i find the rates for those flights? i was on the seaborne site but couldnt find prices(yeah, me stupid). please post a link.
i didnt visit PR by plane the past 14 months, but last year the flights been only out of santo domingo and costed over 1 grand$$$ per roundtrip.

thanks

Mike

Google Seaborne air and Air Turks & Caicos. Air t&c will show up as a different name, but i don't remember what it is offhand. Rates available online

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

Yes the ferry from SD to San Juan would be the cheapest way, but I don't think that will help you in the residency process. One of the problems is that you need documents from your prior residence in the US. You will need a criminal background check, including fingerprints,(done by the state police) your birth certificate, passport copies and other documents. These need to be apostillized, which is a stamp that recognizes these documents as official for international purposes. You need to have these all translated into Spanish. I would suggest you contact a local attorney or go to the Dominican Consulate in SD to find out first hand what is required. Going to Puerto Rico will not help you except in the area of being able to get a new tourist card but it probably would be less expensive to just pay the overstay fine when going back to the states. You will be wasting time and money going to PR. Good luck

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

b?rbaro

Jul 9, 2014
You may find a good deal in the jet blue web site. They fly from SDQ, STI and PUJ to SJU

good luck