Good neurologist in Santo Domingo needed

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
Good neurologist in Santo Domingo needed. The problem is vertigo and balance problems.

Thanks.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Great shortage of these and of good orthopedic surgeons also ...and also of uroligists ..suggest going abroad .

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Good neurologist in Santo Domingo needed. The problem is vertigo and balance problems.

Thanks.

Vertigo is often a symptom and not the root issue. Best to start with a PET SCAN of the brain to rule out more serious issues. If not possible MRI will work.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
Vertigo is often a symptom and not the root issue. Best to start with a PET SCAN of the brain to rule out more serious issues. If not possible MRI will work.
I already have a neurologist, MRI done and a lot of tests also done. I need a second opinion on my case, so I need a recommended neurologist who is good with this kind of problems, not to google for all the neurologists here.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
I am also interested in good chiropractor if available here. I had a series of procedures 12 years ago in Russia, they call it ?manual therapy?, performed on my neck, it helped great and I had no problems until this point. The thing is that that Russian doctor was a friend of my friend, he had great reputation, so I said OK, I'll try. But I am really afraid to go to any chiropractor here or in any other country, since just one wrong push of a finger in a wrong place may give irreversible damage.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I am sorry to say again Gringo Star that there are some very good eye doctors in SD,there are some very good heart surgeons and general surgeons but ther is a great shortage of GOOD practitioners in specific fields and in my opinion you have need of two that are difficult to find . I have all my cancer operations done overseas where the equipment is more up to date and infection rates are lower .Similarly with hip or knee replacements . But if Plaza de Salud do not know of a good neurologist ,then you definitely have the best response