Best Pediatria in Puerto Plata

tavarez1982

Jun 29, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I really need some help, can you please recommend a good doctor for my son who is only a month old. He is poorly and I am getting no answers or improvement from his current doctor.

From a suffering mother who is tired of seeing her son in pain, thank you in advance for your advise.:(

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
the best pediatra in POP is Dr. Fernando Albaine, Centro Bournigal, POP.
not only his medical knowledge also his empathy towards his patients and the love for children make
him the perfect doctor. He was the best doctor my son had! Now my son is grown up but still when
the Dr. sees my son somewhere he greeting with so much friendliness.
Also when you have an emergency you can call him what ever day / time.
Good luck with your son!

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Based on personal experience I would advice against said Dr. Albaine, who attended our son briefly when he was small. The checkup was inadequate, he is very polite but not very communicative. As this is a negative review, mods please feel free remove this part, not sure if brakes guidelines, just needed to write this, as I know two people who speak nothing but bad of this doctor.

Best experience in POP we have had with Dra. Jacqueline D?Lancer in Jose G. Hernandez clinic (3rd floor), mobile phone and reception/secretary tel. I have, but rather put those in PM than in public. She takes her time with every patient, keeps a comprehensive documentation, is also reachable outside of office hours etc. Not sure of spoken languages, we only dealt in Spanish.

Happy to provide more info if needed.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
Josh, i totally understand if you didn't get along with Dr Albaine. It is funny but the Chemistry between 2 people must be OK to get positive results. Dr. Albaine was our son's doc for 20 years :) and he spoke a lot, he explained everything to detail.
He treated our son as it would have been his son. Maybe we were lucky.

I wish you Tavarez1982 all the best, that you will find a pediatra who is competent and caring. Good luck!

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Josh, i totally understand if you didn't get along with Dr Albaine. It is funny but the Chemistry between 2 people must be OK to get positive results. Dr. Albaine was our son's doc for 20 years :) and he spoke a lot, he explained everything to detail.
He treated our son as it would have been his son. Maybe we were lucky.

I wish you Tavarez1982 all the best, that you will find a pediatra who is competent and caring. Good luck!

Thanks for the details, like said, that was a personal experience, based on what I could not recommend him, but obviously you had different experience, so could be that in this case our "chemistry" did not work :)

Anyway my point was not to point out anything negative, only recommend the one we can honestly recommend as a good one.