Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Internet Service and Living Area

Hi I was just wondering if anyone could tell were are the best places, cities, towns, etc in DR where I can find goodInternet service. I'm thinking about moving there and finding good internet service would play a big part into in choosing were I wound live. Thank you

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Larger metro areas like Santo Domingo and Santiago have the most options when it comes to service providers. As far as quality, many threads have discussed this issue in the past. Opinions may vary.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Visit Santo Domingo and Santiago the two largest provinces get a feel for the different areas and make a better personal choice. Some will say Santo Domingo and on the flip side some will say Santiago. Lots of the members here have lived in both areas and can inform you of the key differences to both places.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't have to go to the two large cities to get good Internet. Punta Cana, Bavaro, and plenty of other cities have the same internet. If you like traffic jams all day then you will love SD.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jungle Internet

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    You don't have to go to the two large cities to get good Internet.
    Internet cannot be good enough to want me move to Santo Domingo or Santiago.
    I am in the 'jungle' and get (reliable and true) 2 Mb/s DL and 384 Kb/s UL, unlimited for 2,050 RD$.

Nothing to write home about, I know, but it does what I need it for.

donP

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You would have to pay me to live in Santo Domingo. I am in Cabarete and have 5 Mb/s down and 1.25 Mb/s upload speeds with a cable modem. Higher speed options are available.

7. Likes SKY, Harleysrock, KateP, Bob K liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I know the fastest centro de internet probably in DR - 20mbps and its located in remote area, away from biggest cities and provincies...
    and to answer your question: everywhere where is the Claro steady line connection possibility you can get there up to 10 mbps, I suppose...the question is: do you really want to pay for it 5x-6x times more than you would pay for that in US or Europe ...?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Claro has fiber optic service in Santiago and Santo Domingo but only in specific neighborhoods.

Tricom has fiber optic but not as large of a footprint as Claro.

Really depends on what you need the internet for though.

donP's internet wouldn't work for me but it works for him, know what I'm sayin?

Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha I don't want to pay 5x times as much hahaha but I'm will to pay for quality I basically need a good connection for Skype so that I can teach English online. Where is the remote area? And Thank you for the reply

Post Thanks / Like

Yes your right I basically need it for a good Skype connection. I plan to teach English on line while I'm there. Wow they got fiber!! Thanks so much for the reply.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast