optical store in Puerta Plata?

canned oj

Oct 24, 2013
Need new glasses and am wondering about the quality of the lens produced here. If the quality and price is good might get 2 pair. Have heard there is one near the hospital where the taxis and buses stop?

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
There is one at the corner of Beller and 27 Feb, across from the new Jose Luis and just down from Scotiabank. Owner/optometrist is nice. Can't comment on quality or prices but she did an eye exam for my young (13) dominican friend at no charge. Turned out he could see fine...wanted glasses to look cool :)

Caz

May 15, 2004
I was pleased with the quality of glasses from the optical store Panorama around the corner from Clinica Bournigal in Puerto Plata - the name is on a big sign at the side of the road. Eye exam is free.

canned oj

Oct 24, 2013
Thanks for the replies. I don't know Puerta Plata all that well, so will likely try the one at Beller and Feb.27 it's walking distance from Metro bus station. Thanks again.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
They will start out by giving you an IV. Then amputate your left leg. Quality and DR? Buenas suerte.

Yet another useful and informative post.

I use Optic Burgos for testing and supply and they are as good or better than most European places and maybe a bit cheaper. They supply all the high class brands and excellent quality. I pass my aviation eye test easily with specs from them.I also have a very complex prescription. Any problems they put right. On Beller just past the first little park on the left side going downhill.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
sorry chap lenses are lenses.. and glass is glass... the person who shapes your lens that was pxr for you. you wont meet...mostly done by others...lenses come from all over the world in bulk...and fitted to the frames u picked...if you dont like the fit or frames well they will be fixed to your satisfaction.....
but in optics..in d.r there are no bargains and your money is what they want... in states you can get cheap fittings frame pkgs etc 30. 39. especiales not here

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have been to 3 different optics stores for lenses here. One of them the one mentioned in PP. Every one of them could not get it right. Had to go to Miami to be able to see looking at a computer.

The DR. in Miami just laughed at the prescription they gave me.

canned oj

Oct 24, 2013
I have been to 3 different optics stores for lenses here. One of them the one mentioned in PP. Every one of them could not get it right. Had to go to Miami to be able to see looking at a computer.

The DR. in Miami just laughed at the prescription they gave me.

Have 4 month old prescription from Canada, luckily brought with me. So hopefully have half the problem solved.

Dec 24, 2012
Whatever you do don't pay for anti-reflection option, that's a way for them to add to the cost but never actually put it on the lense. Happened to me twice. Bunch of scams. Just get your regular prescription without the fancy stuff.