airport & travel info

P

PW

Hi, I need a name/number/email for a travel agent in the Santo Domingo area, preferably by the airport (Las Americas.) I am also looking for a cheap hotel near the airport. Preferably, both can be accessed by public transportation. Does anybody know if I need a tourist card if I am only staying overnight before travelling on to Cuba? Does anyone know if there are any large secure luggage lockers at Las Americas? And lastly, does anyone know how to get to ferry terminal for the ferry that goes to San Juan?
Any info will be greatly appreciated.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

You have to take a cab to the ferry station in Santo Domingo, at the Santo Domingo Port, Avenida del Puerto. Tel.809-688-4400-e-mail ferriesdelcaribe@hotmail.com. They have a travel agency there:Ferry Express-809-8189....Try Hotel Tropicana 10 minutes from the airport at 809-231-6066/6163/6114/6159 fx 231-6164 e-mail hotel@tricom.net also 10 minutes from the ferry and close to public bus transport. Unless they put new lockers in the renovation project just concluded at the airport, I do not know of any secured lockers there. Someone else help with this.

This travel agency is near Hotel Tropicana:Ozama Travel<Ozama.travel@codetel.net.do> 809-594-1397 fx 809-591-3353
TW

M

Matt

Re: LOL Mondongo

If you are a C/A better be careful. US Customs has increased they'r airport surveillance in Canada, Mexico, Jamaica, and the Bahamas watching for people returning from Cuba. Don't forget your secret decoder ring.

Good Luck

D

DR-Defender

Re: Ferry price?

I was wondering if anyone here could give me some info. on price for the ferry that goes to San Juan (round trip). Thanks.

L

Loren

Call my friend...

Mercedes Reyes
Ozama Travel
Esq. Sabana Larga & Puerto Rico
Santo Domingo
809 594-1133

J

Jim Hinsch

Re: Joker Hotel - $20, 5 minutes from airport

See www.BocaChicaBeach.net/joker or click on the link. Located right along the highway.

lower_corner2.jpg

Immaculately clean
Ceiling fan
Air Conditioning
Cable TV
Security Box
Hot Water

$25 less 20% discount if reserved by internet: Joker_Hotel@BocaChicaBeach.net