Three Kings Day

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Today, January 6th, kids in DR woke to find out what the Three Kings left for them.

FELIZ DIA DE LOS REYES MAGOS!

Where we live in DR there is a Dominican couple who have retired in DR after decades in the US. Each year they visit every house in the area and get a list of children and their ages, and give them a slip of paper. Today, all those children will go to their house with that paper, to collect a gift from Los Reyes. Last year, if I remember correctly, they had gifts ready for about 70 children. Good people.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
not sure if i would break a family tradition that way....what about next year..hard decision...good effort..

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Nice.

I used to do the same thing years ago, but for my bank. They would have a toy collection for poor kids every year. I would buy around 700-800 dollars worth of boys and girls toys, wrap them up, and drop them off at the bank for distribution.

I liked it that way, because I kept anonymous.

Of all the bank branches, my branch won the award for the most prizes every year I did it. (11 years)

giving is good.

Can't do "Likes" with a proxy server apparently. Consider yourself LIKED for this post :)

Dec 24, 2012
That's really great to know, OP. We do the same thing every year but slightly different. We gather toys from all around the tri-state and ship several boxes of toys to distribute to the poor kids around town. It's lovely to see those kids get toys, the families for a lot of those kids cannot afford to get them something nice.