Article saying DR a good place to buy property

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
It is a good place, but there's so much inventory it doesn't make sense to buy *now*.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Was it one week ago or two we were voted one of the 10 most lawless nations in the world? Believe none of what you
hear and half of what you read. These articles are nothing but bs. Just another form of paid advertisement.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
my guess is that if you polled the local expats in those other 4 areas/countries you'd get the same list of complaints as we hear here.

It's easier to be unhappy than happy for most.

Call me when / if anybody finds Valhalla.

These articles speak to 'value' and 'affordability'.... RD fits the profile..... IMO

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Roflmao. Don't be surprised to learn that your title is a fake. Or that the seller has shortchanged you. Or that you owe a million dollars in unpaid electrical bills and taxes. Or that the lawyer works for you and the seller.

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

imgres.jpg

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Buying here is a lifestyle decision, and yes there is a good chance you are going to own the property for life.. You need to know that going in... I am happy though, its 83 degrees today and I have a nice breeze coming through the condo.. oh, and no more need for checked luggage... :cheeky:

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Toronto, Ontario, Canada. You can sell and make a mega profit--thanks to secure banking and land registry

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Roflmao. Don't be surprised to learn that your title is a fake. Or that the seller has shortchanged you. Or that you owe a million dollars in unpaid electrical bills and taxes. Or that the lawyer works for you and the seller.

These things happened to you? Then you didn't pay attention. All these things are easy to avoid.

morganstern

Jun 4, 2014
K Peddecort would tell you how wonderful ANYPLACE is. She NEVER has anything bad to say about places around the world. And she doesn't tell you that a 2 Liter bottle of Coke in Costa Rica costs well over three dollars!

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
These things happened to you? Then you didn't pay attention. All these things are easy to avoid.
Bull****. If they want to steal your property or money, they will. If they don't, your lawyers will. If this hasn't happened to you, you are too small potatoes to bother with.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Bull****. If they want to steal your property or money, they will. If they don't, your lawyers will. If this hasn't happened to you, you are too small potatoes to bother with.
I must be small potatoes then........never had a problem, obviously not trusting blindly the first "lawyer" that said he would help me quick and hassle free.

In DR you need to think for yourself, if you can't, yes, then you will be helped getting rid of your money in no time.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
its a great place to buy. To sell, not so great.

The place I am renting is for sale for $400k! Way overpriced. Was at $500k when we moved in 9 months ago. Maybe if I rent for another 5 years of so, I can get it for $200k!

Been listed with two agents the entire time we've lived there, never been a showing.