marriage

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
Does someone know what kind of papers are needed to get married in DR?
Both are foreigners
Friends of mine wanted to marry here, small private marriage on the beach :)

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Does someone know what kind of papers are needed to get married in DR?
Both are foreigners
Friends of mine wanted to marry here, small private marriage on the beach :)

Official translation of Birth Certificate
Letter from Embassy stating you are single and able to marry, in Spanish
Passport
$$$$$$$$$$$

That was what I needed anyway............

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I'm not sure but I'm going to marry a DOM for the instant citizenship. Just got find one I trust.

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
They will need copies of their passports, as well as the originals, a "declaration of single status" signed by each party and apostilled, copies of divorce decrees, translated and apostilled if applicable, and notarized, translated, and apostilled copies of their birth certificates. The translations and apostile can be done by the closest Dominican Consulate, or sent out by mail.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
En los casos de extranjeros, acta de nacimiento, pasaporte, si el mismo est? en castellano y consigna el estado civil como soltero(a) no es obligatoria la presentaci?n de la constancia de solter?a. Para los dem?s casos, constancia de solter?a expedida por el Registro Civil del pa?s de origen o residencia de ?stos. Esta constancia de declaraci?n debe estar legalizada por la autoridad consular dominicana acreditada al lugar donde fue expedida. Si el documento no est? escrito en castellano debe ser traducido por un int?rprete judicial y legalizado por la Procuradur?a General de la Rep?blica y la Secretar?a de Relaciones Exteriores. En algunos casos la traducci?n puede ser hecha en el mismo Consulado Dominicano. Algunas Delegaciones Diplom?ticas acreditadas en territorio dominicano reciben la declaraci?n de solter?a de sus ciudadanos. En el caso de los ciudadanos extranjeros cuyo pa?s de origen y residencia no tiene relaciones diplom?ticas con la Rep?blica Dominicana, esta declaraci?n de solter?a puede ser hecha ante un notario p?blico dominicano, debiendo estar legalizada por la Procuradur?a General de la Rep?blica.
En los casos de ciudadanos Italianos, no debe dispensarse el edicto, debiendo fijarse el mismo en lugar visible de la Oficial?a tres (3) d?as antes, por lo menos a la fecha en que se celebrar? el matrimonio. Se levantar? una constancia en ese sentido.

note that the paperwork needs to be legalized. the fee for marriage of two extranjeros outside oficialia del estado civil is 20,000 pesos.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Yes if you marry a DOM you get citizenship, almost instant..

As a foreign man married to a dominicana, I can assure u that it is not true.
Less paper work for temporay residencie, yes. Lots of hassle, yes.
Than after 6 months of temporary residencie, the process of naturalisation can be started......

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
thanks a lot for the very informative answer!
It isn't so easy than i thought. Lots of paper work...

They will need copies of their passports, as well as the originals, a "declaration of single status" signed by each party and apostilled, copies of divorce decrees, translated and apostilled if applicable, and notarized, translated, and apostilled copies of their birth certificates. The translations and apostile can be done by the closest Dominican Consulate, or sent out by mail.

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
thanks a lot for the very informative answer!
It isn't so easy than i thought. Lots of paper work...

If they live near one, have them visit the closest Dominican Consulate with their documents, they will do everything for them. The consulate will fill out the declaration of single status for them, and have them sign it, and send that and all the other documents to be translated and apostilled. Then they return about 10 days later to pick everything up. I found that easier than sending the documents by mail , but I live about 15 minutes from the Consulate.