internet rural cabrera area best choice

oceanspear

Nov 23, 2012
hello everyone.
I posted this topic before, somehow server was down.
i live in la entrada, Cabrera. desperately need half way decent internet service. hate to go downtown cabrera every morning to handle my business issues online. there is no land lines from claro in la entrada, anyone maybe in catalina area, or other rural setting has any info on best way to get internet service, reasonable and just decent..?
thank you for any helpful info.
oceanspear

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Depending of the location of your house, 3G from Orange or Claro may work best for you. If the signal is low - an external antenna is your friend.

Sosua Orange shop offers short and long term rentals for 3G internet, without a contract. If interested - PM me for more info.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I use a small dish... mounted high to pick up the 3G signal but la Entrada may not have 3G passing by or a nearby tower.

I had a Claro man come and 'search' for a signal to determine which way to point the parabola.

Nothing in your/my area is very good..... erratic/sporadic at best
try the dongle thing..... I used it before the parabola

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
16-18dBi Yagis can deliver the signal from as far as 15 kms. Done this in many places. Rancho Lobo Gris for instance now has 3G from both - Claro and Orange with those antennas. Non-line of sight, surrounded by mountains.