Translation of Apostilled U.S. Birth Certificate, Citizenship - Child of Dominican

suarezj519

May 14, 2014
Hi Guys,

This is my first post on DR1 and I have a few questions. I am currently here in the DR and I am seeking Dual-Citizenship here because my Father (a DR1 Member) is Dominican. So, right now I have all of the necessary documents. Apostilled U.S.
birth certificate, copy of my Father's Cedula, etc. So right now I am in the process of trying to get my Birth Certificate translated into Spanish by a legal translator in the Cotui area. I have a friend whose Uncle is a lawyer and I gave him my BC to be translated. He came back to me and said that the translator quoted me $3000 RD. So $1000 a page. Is this correct pricing?? Translating the Apostille, and the BC (which has to be cut into 2 separate pages because of the tranlastion), so 3 pages. My friend's uncle told me that is including legalization of the translated document and everything. I have seen other threads where some of you guys were quoted 500 a page and it even says that on the DR1 info page about Citizenship for Children of Dominicans. Also, if I end up shelling out the 3000, what do I do after that? I was advised to go the Capital and go to the JCE and other offices. Or can I do all of that in Cotui? What is a good estimate of all of the costs after everything is done? I really want to get this whole process done and over with especially before I return to the U.S. for a while.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Best person I have ever found is Olga. She is a certified legal translator, cheaper than you were quoted, and knows everyone in all of the offices. Her email is vinasolga@hotmail.com. She has just taken me through the whole citizenship process and is efficient and professional. Speaks fluent English as well as Spanish. She also responds quickly to emails.

Good luck

Matilda

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
3000 pesos sounds about right for a 3 page legalized translation. If you want a second opinion, contact McCollum Sanlley in Santo Domingo. You can send your documents via Metro Pac or whatever service you have in the area.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
You can email docs to olga - scan them. She will translate but needs the originals to get the stamps from the procuraduria. She will them hand them all in for you. She really does make it very easy for you and is much cheaper.

Matilda

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi Guys,

This is my first post on DR1 and I have a few questions. I am currently here in the DR and I am seeking Dual-Citizenship here because my Father (a DR1 Member) is Dominican. So, right now I have all of the necessary documents. Apostilled U.S.
birth certificate, copy of my Father's Cedula, etc. So right now I am in the process of trying to get my Birth Certificate translated into Spanish by a legal translator in the Cotui area. I have a friend whose Uncle is a lawyer and I gave him my BC to be translated. He came back to me and said that the translator quoted me $3000 RD. So $1000 a page. Is this correct pricing?? Translating the Apostille, and the BC (which has to be cut into 2 separate pages because of the tranlastion), so 3 pages. My friend's uncle told me that is including legalization of the translated document and everything. I have seen other threads where some of you guys were quoted 500 a page and it even says that on the DR1 info page about Citizenship for Children of Dominicans. Also, if I end up shelling out the 3000, what do I do after that? I was advised to go the Capital and go to the JCE and other offices. Or can I do all of that in Cotui? What is a good estimate of all of the costs after everything is done? I really want to get this whole process done and over with especially before I return to the U.S. for a while.

I needed documents translated in NYC and the Dominican Consulate wanted to charge $150usd per page so it sounds like you are getting a better deal. If you need it done than pay the price. It will probably be less complicated than going to Santo Domingo and finding the right person and than having to come back to pick up the documents.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
for the german birth certificate and passport of my DR born daughter i needed last summer my daughters and my wife's birth certificates translated into german and apostilled. i used for that a ddress/office in santo domingo, address been given to me by the german embassy, all together costed 1700.- pesos, for translating and stamping etc of both. i then needed also a stamp/sello of the JCE on the back of each, that was an other 500.- pesos for both, so 2.200.- pesos for 2 to be ready for the Embassy.
you can ask such addresses of such offices by e-mail at your embassy, they recommend the trusted places they know about, mine did even tell me the price right upfront(embassy told me the price).

Mike

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
The apostille is in 3 languages--doesn't need to be translated.

The birth certificate should be a single page then. Don't pay more than 500-1000 pesos for that.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
As soon as he said Cotu?, I said, "?Aha! Ese chamaquito es el hijo de suarezn, el bachatero de Detroit."