Delta

S

sam

Delta Air Lines, Inc. provides air transportation for passengers and freight throughout the United States and around the world. As of February 1, 2001, Delta (including its wholly owned subsidiaries, Atlantic Southeast Airlines, Inc. and Comair, Inc.) served 201 domestic cities in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, as well as 50 cities in 32 countries. With its domestic and international codeshare partners, Delta's route network covers 218 domestic cities in 48 states, and 131 cities in 58 countries.

Based on calendar 2000 data, Delta is the largest U.S. airline in terms of aircraft departures and passengers enplaned, and third largest as measured by operating revenues and revenue passenger miles flown. Delta is the leading U.S. airline in the transatlantic, offering the most daily flight departures, serving the largest number of nonstop markets and carrying more passengers than any other U.S. airline.

Delta is a Delaware corporation headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Delta is subject to government regulation under the Federal Aviation Act of 1958, as amended, as well as many other federal, state and foreign laws.

A

azb

Thanks for the lengthy introduction, but tell us when is delta going to come to DR? I have been hearing about them for 1 year now but i have not seen them make a move towards DR. Its amazing to see that you have non-stop flights to san Jose, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Salvador and maybe even to Honduras, however, you still don't show any serious interest towards flying to DR. I mean, are there more Salvadorians and Guatemalans living in USA than Dominicans?
This is what I have to say to Delta:

"Hey delta, I am ready, are you? "

S

sam

Hola AZB, bueno Delta tiene mucho tiempo en planes para servir a RD. El problema es el monopolio y los permisos de Gobierno, mas que AA le gusta pagarle a los gobiernos para hacerle la vida dificil a las otras compa?ias Aereas.

Ademas Delta siempre ha sido muy conservativa, estos cambios surgieron hace como 4 a?os cuando empezaron a servir el mercado de latinoamerica, se han dado cuenta que el mercado hispano has crecido tanto y tan rapido.

Creeme AZB yo soy el primero que estoy loco de que Delta vuele a RD....seria fantastico para los Gringos y Dominicanos para tener mas alternativas de vuelos y connections.

AZb I really don't know how many's guatelmaticos or salvadore?os live in the USA. I guess maybe are more of them in here, like Mexicanos.

Well let me keep working...uffffff.

Saludos a todos en este foro, que la pasen cache en estas fiestas.

PS: no beba y maneje.

ciao
sam

A

azb

Sam, when you will land here in a delta aircraft, i will be the first one to buy you a beer.
POP - atl, non-stop, a dream come true.

S

sam

JEE JEE..okkkkk I will be looking 4 you in RD............thank you.....

Muy amable de tu parte.

cuidate

sam

A

a_andy

Sam is right ...

There's a staggering number of Central American immigrants in the U.S. - surprising a lot of people I'm sure.

Several years ago I saw some figures. As I recall, there were just under a million Salvadorans, with some of the other populations not far behind.

Most of them probably made their way through Mexico over many years. Many others were given sanctuary in the U.S. because of the CIA wars.

Of course one might still wonder why, with so many of the Central American destinations being close together, there need to be so many flights to there.

S

Scott

I would give my left nut if Delta flew to POP. I have 80,000 ff miles with them and would love to go to DR instead of Playa del Carmen for New Years!

HAH!

C

carabella

According to a Delta Air Lines question and answer session:
DR is the largest Caribbean market they do not serve.
Delta has "great interest" in providing service to Santo Domingo, Puerto Plata & Punta Cana but does not want to pull planes from already profitable markets.
Delta was anticipating on allocating aircraft to those routes by Sept 2002. That may have changed after the Sept 11th attacks and the current "airline situation".
When it happens I'll be on the inaugural flight!
Atlanta - Puerto Plata nonstop here we come!

S

sam

OK carabella you and me will be the fisrt one on the plane..wait for me....y AZB tendra two PRESIDENTE BIEN FRIAAAAAAAA.....

bye amigos

sam

S

Stanley Joaquin

Bueno que le dir?, todos a escrito y yo que estoy siempre presente call? y leo lo que escriben los demas.

Bueno espero desde el 97 eso de DL y creo que para el 2002 veremos esos aviones de ella moverse aqui.

Solo le dejo eso por ahora, gracias y felicidades a todos en navidad. Bye

Stanley J.

Acabemos con el monopolio. todas compitan con igualdal.

A

azb

If this happens (atl-pop, non stop) i will buy sam, scott and whomever comes on the inagural flight, a beer, pizza and I will even throw in a couple of my girlfriends. heheheheh

A

AtlantaBOB

Count me in...

Oh, and I like my girls...heck, at my age any girl will be fine!

C

carabella

Dont drink but I'll share a Presidente

with all of you for this occassion (when & if this happens).
I've been waiting patiently. Heck its worth a beer, rum, tequila or whatever tickles our fancy!

Sam I'm in the OCC.

carabella :)

S

sam

Re: Dont drink but I'll share a Presidente

NICE carabella . I work at the Federal Inspection services, U.S Customs and Immigrations at the Airport.

bye

sam