Seek Clean, Modest Priced Hotel in Santiago

K

KenDP

During all of the years that my wife and I have been living in the DR, we have never had occasion to investigate hotels in Santiago. We have always stayed in Santo Domingo and have several small hotels we are pleased with for about RD$400/night with 2 beds and bath. Air conditioning isn't a requirement, but we do want to be able to open windows and, hopefully, use a ceiling fan.

It looks like I may have to spend at least one night in Santiago in near future related to some medical tests, likely more in future, and would appreciate advice as to where we might get a reservation. I have heard there are better values in Santiago than in Santo Domingo, but have no personal knowledge whatsoever about the hotel situation there. Any and all help will be apprciated.

Regards, Ken

K

Kalima

I personally always stay at Hotel Colonial and Colonial Deluxe in Santiago. It is a bit off the beaten path but it is very reasonable and within walking distance of Calle Del Sol and Restauracion. You can get clean rooms with A/C or ceiling fans and tv's. Rooms with two twin beds or one big bed. I believe some of the rooms went for around RD 250- 400 for the room. Unfortunately I can not recall the name of the street it is on. I have the phone number at home.

R

RM

Try Hotel Colonial (809)247-3122 Rates around DR$360.00 dominican pesos, a/c,TV cable,hot water.

J

Jerry

It's located at Salvador Currullo No. 115.....Owned by Victor Perez Quinonez, his son Lazaro is manager. Lazaro, born in New York is quite fluent in English. Also has a nice friendly rest.