What to chose between the internet providers

A

Arminos

is it hard to get cable in santo domingo? or what kind of Network is it?

A

a_andy

Internet cable is desperately needed here - to avoid the problems of having to get a phone line.

Despite that, or perhaps because of it, internet cable is not available here AS FAR AS I CAN TELL.

B

Bobs

Thank Whackantankha for that. Internet by cable can't hack it.
I had the same cable-provider that Arminos uses (UPC/Chello).
Internet through cable is a shared medium, so the more people connected to and sharing your area-hub, the less speed you have entering your house. And speed is.... Addictive. You want to see or hear that clip now, have that download today. I switched to ADSL fast and when in the near future I will probably be getting the best available : direct fibre to home. In any case, Arminos :Lose Chello quick, UPC is pillar of debt. Santo Domingo has xDSL-variants using allready available tel-lines.

A

Arminos

Sorry but i we do not share a hub, we have direct fibre cables in our houses. and i live in Norway, the networks here are the greatest. i always have my 10.0 mbps . but i am moving to D.R in a few weeks and wnat a fast connection there, i hate modems 56 kb/s that sucks!!

S

Squat

well buddy, get use to it, cos' you'll get your good ol'56 modem phone line in DR, with lots of crash provided by good ol'Codetel !!!!! No choice !!!

D

DR1

I do not know of any cable installs...

here in Santo Domingo. Maybe now Tricom owns Telecable they may have plans to offer cable modems sometime in the future?

Rob.