Santo Domingo Trafic

A

aristoba

I spend the day in SD to get some papers in order.
it took 2 1/2 hours to cross a distance that should not take more then 10 minutes. Pure hell.
That after the army slowed down the Duarte highway for one hour as well stopping all cars checking for weapons
Nothing is worth to have to put up with this hell dayly.
You could not even pay me to live in that city.
While your National theater and some occasional good restaurant and the prettiest girls on the island might be tempting.
Here on the North Coast the longest delay I get is waiting a half a minute behind a Presidente truck unloading.
and atleast thats for a good cause.

D

DR1

You right about one thing....

the traffic can be hell, Christmas doesn't help. It's not New York, LA or Manila, but getting close. Over the last 5 years, traffic has skyrocketed in Santo Domingo. We must have the worlds highest per capita driver to SUV ratio :)

Rob.

A

aristoba

Re: You right

yes
you are right there , the bigger the suv , the worse driver they are.
if the car is worth over one and a quarter million peso
they believe the rules do not apply to them.

T

Tony C.

SAnto Domingo Rules

Santo Domingo is the Dominican Republic. The North coast is ok for a weekend but by Sunday afternoom I was itching to get back to the capital. Too many tourists(especially Canadians) Limited restaurants and the women, while attractive, cannot compare with the beauties in the capital. Plus the fishing isn't as good on the north coast.

A traffic jam is a small price to pay for culture and excitement. And who cares. When in the DR I am never in a hurry.