Things the D.R. needs?

melberenice

Jan 15, 2015
So I was just curious about what are the many things we have here in the USA that would be nice to have in the D.R.? Other than the electricity and water problems, what would you all want in the D.R.? I'm looking for business ideas, I have a few in mind but it's always nice to have a variety of options.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Honest politicians, good cheeses ( OK, the US needs this too ), good wine ( OK, the US also needs that too:p ), good beef, nice deserts.
Rubbish recycling plants, recycling thingys.
Tropical mud resistant shoewear.
Dengue vaccine.
Birth control.

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
Honest politicians, good cheeses ( OK, the US needs this too ), good wine ( OK, the US also needs that too:p ), good beef, nice deserts.
Rubbish recycling plants, recycling thingys.
Tropical mud resistant shoewear.
Dengue vaccine.
Birth control.

I agree with all but what is it about cheese? In the US i have access to cheeses from the whole world plus many fine US cheeses eg. Cow Girl brand and many fine US goat cheeses. Most at about 20$/lb :( . in this country imports are available at 10 to 20 per lb, Sousa cheese is not my favorite.

Funny you mentioned cheese I was just planning t have my cheese making equipment shipped here (nothing elaborate just a press). Raw cow milk should be available too!

Please explain your statement about cheese.

Regarding wine, it is not just my opinion but that of most that California, oregon and washington equal French. Even the very special sautern Fr is equaled by US late harvest wines. What have you not been able to equal in the US?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
A nice (majority) English/ Spanish book and magazine store would be nice.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I agree with all but what is it about cheese? In the US i have access to cheeses from the whole world plus many fine US cheeses eg. Cow Girl brand and many fine US goat cheeses. Most at about 20$/lb :( . in this country imports are available at 10 to 20 per lb, Sousa cheese is not my favorite.

Funny you mentioned cheese I was just planning t have my cheese making equipment shipped here (nothing elaborate just a press). Raw cow milk should be available too!

Please explain your statement about cheese.

tommy, if you can make a decent cheese, i will be a steady customer. if you can duplicate that US cheese that looks like bricks and was given as USAID to developing countries, my friends and i will buy it by the wheelbarrow.

as an aside; there is no such thing as Sosua cheese. that stuff is soap.