Govt. ready for massive poultry exports to Puerto Rico

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Santo Domingo.- The Government aims to spur poultry and egg exports to Puerto Rico to supply of meals to students from that island, Agro Bank administrator Carlos Segura affirmed Monday.

The official said among the agreements signed by president Danilo Medina and Puerto Rico governor Alejandro Garc?a figure taking advantage of domestic production, once the country obtains the required certifications.

He said the country?s installed capacity meets Puerto Rico?s market and can double poultry production, without expanding current facilities.

He said the country currently produces15 million chickens and 150 million eggs.

Speaking to reporters at the National Palace, Segura said there?s also a plan to export cheese and beef to other markets, such as Europe, China, Venezuela and Russia.

He said the Bank funded RD$16.2 billion in 2014, with a default rate of just 9%. ?Around 30,900 producers and small rural entrepreneurs have benefited from loans.?

Segura added that the government has disbursed RD$34.0 billion thus far and says it would reach RD$60.0 billion by the end of Medina?s term, or RD$20.0 billion more than his campaign promise.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/ec...dy-for-massive-poultry-exports-to-Puerto-Rico

La Rep?blica Dominicana se propone exportar pollos y huevos a Puerto Rico - DiarioLibre.com

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Santo Domingo.- The Government aims to spur poultry and egg exports to Puerto Rico to supply of meals to students from that island, Agro Bank administrator Carlos Segura affirmed Monday.

The official said among the agreements signed by president Danilo Medina and Puerto Rico governor Alejandro Garc?a figure taking advantage of domestic production, once the country obtains the required certifications.

He said the country’s installed capacity meets Puerto Rico’s market and can double poultry production, without expanding current facilities.

He said the country currently produces15 million chickens and 150 million eggs.

Speaking to reporters at the National Palace, Segura said there’s also a plan to export cheese and beef to other markets, such as Europe, China, Venezuela and Russia.

He said the Bank funded RD$16.2 billion in 2014, with a default rate of just 9%. “Around 30,900 producers and small rural entrepreneurs have benefited from loans.”

Segura added that the government has disbursed RD$34.0 billion thus far and says it would reach RD$60.0 billion by the end of Medina’s term, or RD$20.0 billion more than his campaign promise.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/ec...dy-for-massive-poultry-exports-to-Puerto-Rico

La Rep?blica Dominicana se propone exportar pollos y huevos a Puerto Rico - DiarioLibre.com

exporting cheese to Europe?

really?

i can see chicken to Puerto Rico, but cheese to Europe?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I can't imagine who in Europe with all kind of good cheese available would want to buy Dominican cheese.... yuck.

Err, what beef?

May 29, 2006
So the DR can export eggs to PR but not to Haiti? And Haiti imports most of their eggs from FL. Someone is making way more money than they should somewhere. Last I heard, most Haitians are lucky to have one egg a month..

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
The dr produces 15 million chickens and150 million eggs ?? A month ?? A year ?? Or by day ?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
exporting dominican cheese and beef to europe? there must be cheaper local sources for production of dog food.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
So the DR can export eggs to PR but not to Haiti? And Haiti imports most of their eggs from FL. Someone is making way more money than they should somewhere. Last I heard, most Haitians are lucky to have one egg a month..

Do you remember a while back when Haiti accused the DR of having the avian flu?
This created tensions and mistrust between the two countries which lead to search
for other trading partners.

Dominican official denies report of bird flu

There was a thread about this issue that was discussed in details. Perhaps
you might want to read it.

http://dr1.com/forums/haiti/134386-haiti-bans-import-meat-eggs-due-swine-flu-dr.html

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
The dr produces 15 million chickens and150 million eggs ?? A month ?? A year ?? Or by day ?

dont you just love the crap chick's make 15 million and 150 million wheres all the fertilizer???chic ****? one chic lays one egg a day....i kno...almost one egg aday....actually 6 eggs aweek...

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
I bet that once the gobmint realizes that they can make some $$$ by raising taxes duties egg tax will go up and shipments will go down...
the golden egg will break

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
I can't imagine who in Europe with all kind of good cheese available would want to buy Dominican cheese.... yuck.

Err, what beef?

ha some of that cheese is real good...not all and it comes in the same container...of course the french have no taste and the english never heard of things that taste good so lets look at other countries...

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
of course this is probably a scheme to borrow 200 million us to fix the shipping /piers... fix the roads bridges piers etc...
and it makes sense....sell a nickel item for 6 cents and then borrow millions of dollars to improve the whole scheme...

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I believe that's per month. About two chickens and a dozen or so eggs per Dominican a month?

Cant be that much leftovers to export.....
I think they might of got their numbers twisted...... since chicken and eggs is high up on the dr menu......