Beautician license regulations

Chicagirl

Jan 20, 2015
Does anyone have resources or contact on information on the rules and regulations of beauty licenses in the DR and/or contact info for beauty schools here. Thanks!

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
licenses?, licenses?, beauty licenses?

got shear, a comb and a brush, your a licensed beautician or a barber!

gotta hammer and saw, your a licensed carpenter!

gotta a volt meter, wire cutters and a roll of tape, your an electrician!

know how to turn on a gas stove, place a pot fill it with water and rice, you guessed, your a cook!

get the idea.

There may be a beautician or a barber association, that I do not know.

beautician school might be, never seen one or heard of one, but never actively was looking.

but license, nope, not yet, not in the near future either.

g'luck

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
badges? we dont need no stinkin badges....cuttin hair.. same way....you cut good you win. have salon nice people happy they come price right they come...etc

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If "Chicagirl" is actually "HERE", where there is a "Salon" on virtually every corner, and STILL has to ask Us, and not "THEM", makes me wonder???????
A "Salon" might be a better resource!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
If "Chicagirl" is actually "HERE", where there is a "Salon" on virtually every corner, and STILL has to ask Us, and not "THEM", makes me wonder???????
A "Salon" might be a better resource!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

What is a chica girl?
Is that anything like a lady boy?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i am a natural beauty.
license to be a beauty given to me by my Mom by birth.
or does she/it really seriously ask for a license to comb and wash some hair and paint some nails on the streets??
if thats all what you have as a business idea in mind, don't count on living from that, tough competition at every corner.
like that great new niche business idea that new american guy told me about at the car wash the other day:
he looks for an investor to open a Colmado in the barrio, a colmado with seating where customers also can have a seat and consume some drinks right there.
wow, i said, thats a fantastic idea, you sure will have soon a long line of investors who wanna join your Biz, keep it going.
lol

Mike

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
To get back to your question no licenses are required. I don't think experience is even required so long as you look like you know what you are doing. If realtors can get away with swindling millions I don't think any gives a rats backside about a haircut or manicure.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
To get back to your question no licenses are required. I don't think experience is even required so long as you look like you know what you are doing. If realtors can get away with swindling millions I don't think any gives a rats backside about a haircut or manicure.

that sounds about right to me, yesss.

Mike

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
My sister-in-law works in a salon. You don't need a State given license to work in a salon. She has a diploma from a "Beauty Academy" here in SD. She says if you work in a "Good Salon", only girls with "Diplomas" do the styling,cutting, hair coloring, etc.
Those with only on-the-job training wash and blow dry only.
If "Chicagirl" thinks there is any money to be made working in a salon, she is WRONG!
A USA stylist makes more in one hour than a DR stylist makes in a week!

"Ladyboy" is Thai for a transvestite, and they have some beautiful "Ladyboys"!!!!

So I'm told!!!! :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Here in the DR it would appear that you do not need a license to be an electrician, so I would speculate that no license is required to cut hair and paint nails. In both cases, it would be nice if the person performing the work knew what they were doing though...

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Here in the DR it would appear that you do not need a license to be an electrician, so I would speculate that no license is required to cut hair and paint nails. In both cases, it would be nice if the person performing the work knew what they were doing though...

the electricians def don't know what they are doing,
so why to await that from a simple hairstylist or nail poolisher??

Mike

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
BBQ and wings in a salon filled with chicas and Presidentes.

Winner, winner chicken dinner.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If you are planning to come to the DR and be a beautician, please reconsider your plan.