Cedula numbers change?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Like dv8 said same number. Your cedula, residency card, drivers license and gun permit all have the same number. I think pasport as well but I dont have one. I believe the only time it could change is if your identity was stolen. That would be an absolute nightmare here to try to fix that.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
not the same for passports, but for all other stuff, yes, always the same idendity number. your cedula nuber never changes.
you get it from birth on as a dominican.
take the example of my Babygirlie.
born, of course no cedula issued as a Baby, but a birth certificate is given.
that dominican birth certificate shows
"Numero Unico de Identidad" ......
once she reaches the appropriate age that number will be her cedula number, her unique idendity number.
your cedula number never changes. in cas eyou get your documents stolen i would guess you get them sheduled again with the same number of yours, but that i dont know, i never had that happen in the family.

Mike

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
FYI, we had two dominican passports renewed for 6 years in Puerto Plata last month and the passport numbers now remain the same.......IF you had the passport that was computer generated previously (not handwritten). The old passports (which were 6 years) and the new 6 year passports have the same numbers.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
really? must be a new thing for DR. and my EU passport numbers change each time it is renewed.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
DV, my German passport always had the same number, all my life long during all the renewals.
then it changed when i got the newer EU passport Version. don't know if it changed because the new passport is a different kind than the old one, or because this new one been issued to me by the German Embassy in Santo Domingo, while i always renewed all other passports in Germany. to see if this number stays or changes i have to wait a while, a it was issued just in 2012 and is valid for 10 years.

Mike

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my old passport was pre-UE, new passport is UE. they have different numbers. miesposo's passports all have different numbers but they are rather old too. i will check with polish consulate if EU passport numbers stay the same.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
My passport number changed when I had to obtain a new British one in 2012 due to the fact that mine was stolen, along with the rest of the contents of my handbag, whilst renewing residency and cedula just before Semana Santa that year. The reason that the number change sticks in my memory is because I had major problems at Banco Popular due to the change in passport number!!

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the same on me, DV, all prior passports been German Passports, heck, obtaining that one anyways meant that there's no need for any other, easy to travel the whole world, doesn't matter you visit Canucks or americans or arabs or chines or africa or the caribbean, lol.
the actual one, which i received in 2012 for 10 years, is my first with that "chip" on it, maybe they changed passport numbers due that. on the other hand, it is the first passports which i got issued/renewed by the Embassy here, so the change of location/issuing office may also be in charge for the change of the passport number.
if you open bank accounts with passports instead of a cedula, then you have to write solicitudes for the changes of the documentations for each bank etc etc, they are strict nutheads with those simple little things here, i could write a book about such stuff. since i have everything registered solely with my cedula, all runs smooth and fine, the passport stays in the security boxe and comes out for travels out of the country only, hence no danger to get it stolen out of the house on a attack or such.

Mike

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
same here, mike. not only a new type of passport but also issued outside of the country. interestingly, new residency and also new cedula were, of course, done using new passport and no one mentioned anything about the numbers being different than originally used.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
same here, mike. not only a new type of passport but also issued outside of the country. interestingly, new residency and also new cedula were, of course, done using new passport and no one mentioned anything about the numbers being different than originally used.

didn't have to do such with the new passport, yet.
wait, i changed my cedula and presented the new passport, thats right, but they anyways just cared that the residency is still valid and that they can print the residnecy expiration date on the new cedula, stealing 8 months of my former cedula expiration date, but its anyways still valid til 2021, so no biggy.
my new passport with new number been issued in early 2012, my last residency renewal been in Jan 2011, so i still had my old passport back then.

Mike