russian investors coming to DR

bluemoonnyc

Oct 4, 2007
those plans may have changed in the last few weeks dv8. Russians may not be spending a whole lot in the near future..

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
"investors" is a polite term for them. They have been coming to the DR for quite some time to "invest".

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
no is the time to sell all undervalued ///priced properties to them for a tidy profit...

bbaggins

May 1, 2014
I'm guessing that RD isn't part of the current sanctions regime against Россия. Also curious to see how warming US-Cuban relations will affect RD exports, if at all. The world is a village, a strange and dysfunctional village.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I think its great so long as it doesn't have a negative impact on the quality or the price I pay locally.

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
I am heading down to the DR tomorrow to close on a piece of property that is being purchased by Russians.

Jan 9, 2004
I'll buy rubles all day long. Who's selling?

The Forex is open....plenty of rubles there for sale.

Personally, except for a dead cat bounce.... I believe buying rubles now is like trying to catch a falling knife.....dangerous.....unless your trading Venezuelan Bolivars for them lol.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
The Forex is open....plenty of rubles there for sale.

Personally, except for a dead cat bounce.... I believe buying rubles now is like trying to catch a falling knife.....dangerous.....unless your trading Venezuelan Bolivars for them lol. Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

The real risk is in going long Euros...talk about a death spiral.

The Ruble will make up about 30% of its losses by April but I can't play on Forex because I'm not a big fan of FFI's that are FATCA-compliant. Rather take physical delivery on a straight up Peso swap in-country. Banks closed today because of some holiday I never heard of.

Jan 9, 2004
The real risk is in going long Euros...talk about a death spiral.

True. I have been short the Euro relative to the USD and covered at 114...a little early I think...but I am content to observe for now.

Still short the Euro versus gold.

Looking at some ADR traded European companies to buy. I expect the stimulus in Europe to do pretty much what it did here in the US for our stock market.

The Ruble will make up about 30% of its losses by April but I can't play on Forex because I'm not a big fan of FFI's that are FATCA-compliant. Rather take physical delivery on a straight up Peso swap in-country. Banks closed today because of some holiday I never heard of.

I definitely do not see that trade....but a dead cat bounce is possible. The Ruble is being held hostage by low commodity prices...and I don't see anything positive for commodities, except gold, until 2016.

Good luck.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
dia de duarte. :rolleyes:

Thanks, I looked it up and Duarte seems like a good guy. As a fan of Simon Bolivar I want to research further what, if any, relationship they had.

Okay, the banks may stay closed today.