Carnivale season here in d.r.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
i know i personally enjoy the festivities in santi.....every sunday leading up till the big one.... any info on other cities parades crowds hospitality etc///???? and when is the big day this year????

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Yes, but once you escape the Diablos [and they are nasty!], you've got to admit, it's a wonderful, colorful, show and great fun. Just find a safe place to watch. For those who have not had the experience, the energy and pageantry is wonderful!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I stopped going to the parades.............
Got tired of getting my legs whipped...........

Yes it's a fun time for sure and a must if people haven't gone before!

Carnavale is a must do, at least once. To avoid getting whipped by the diablos attend the Grand Finale Carnavale in Santo Domingo the first Sunday in March. This Carnavale consists of the best marching groups from the country and a few marching groups from other countries. Safe and diablo free.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Went to Monti Cristi a couple of years back. My primary concern was not the Diablos, but to avoid getting trampled by the crowd trying to escape being whipped.
wb8mtz.jpg

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
i know i personally enjoy the festivities in santi.....every sunday leading up till the big one.... any info on other cities parades crowds hospitality etc///???? and when is the big day this year????

What does "Carnivale" mean?

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
What does "Carnivale" mean?

its a free vowel...a fun one if it doesnt amuse you try saying it a few times first quickly and then slowly....kind of makes you think youll have fun at carnival....(its for the devils)

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
btw santiago is relatively devil free..... and try to stand near the street... they sell the air filled ones not the ones filled with i dont know what that hurt.... make girls cry...stupid thing...

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
We went to the La Vega one, the wife will never go back to another one! Almost a year later and her ass still has permanent marks form those Diablos!

Please post those photos so we can judge the severity of the injuries.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
that whipping thing should be illegal. i fail to understand how it is allowable for an absolute stranger to hit another with some kind of an object, and chalk it up to things like fun or custom. in 2015, i think that tradition is long past its expiration date.