Place to stay in LT from Tuesday?!?

Sofia&Anders

Jun 28, 2014
When planning our trip to the DR we were told not to book more than a few days in advance, but wait until we got here. So, we're here in LT, two adults and three small kids, with a hotel room booked until Tuesday...and apparently NOT booking was a lousy idea...since everything is overbooked. Help! What do we do? We are planning on staying here for a few weeks, up to a month, in a place with kitchen, with a budget of about 1000 US$ a month for living. Any ideas?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
From what I have seen, Beaches in Nagua are not children friendly (dirty and waves)

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Immediately after the Hotel Aleisi on Playa Las Ballenas, there is a bunch of two storey apartments with a sign on at least one offering rentals. I think the guy on the end ground floor unit is the landlord.

The place has not been full day in day out like other places in LT....tends to get busier at weekends and will be full this holiday weekend.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Forest Gump was right: stupid is as stupid does.
Try driving around and asking. there are many places you've got to work now.

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
WAIT A MINUITE!!!!!!!!
1000 for 1 month for a family of 5; no way. You should go home that is what yuou need to do. 1000 week yes.

My appoloies if this sounds harsh - reality is that way.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
if you are overpaying, it doesnt mean that every1 should !

you can easily live/rent something quite comfortable as a family for 2 months (and more, if you speak spanish) for that money in LT

WAIT A MINUITE!!!!!!!!
1000 for 1 month for a family of 5; no way. You should go home that is what yuou need to do. 1000 week yes.

My appoloies if this sounds harsh - reality is that way.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
When planning our trip to the DR we were told not to book more than a few days in advance, but wait until we got here. So, we're here in LT, two adults and three small kids, with a hotel room booked until Tuesday...and apparently NOT booking was a lousy idea...since everything is overbooked. Help! What do we do? We are planning on staying here for a few weeks, up to a month, in a place with kitchen, with a budget of about 1000 US$ a month for living. Any ideas?

Try Don Ceasar Residencia. It is located across the street from the very end of the Fisherman's village. It is a condo complex and I know they rent long term.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
hard to believe that people would advise NOT to book ahead in the high season....

They say here that LT is overbooked..... Cabarete is booked for 2 more months.... tourism here is up

when you compromise your lodging here, its a whole new ball game.... no Red Roof or Super 8 to fall back on

HDR

Nov 21, 2012

Well booking in advance for long term in a village that you have no clue about is also a mistake. A big risk. Security, dogs, rooster etc. Yeah, high season but I still agree with the advice and by talking to local expats you should not have any problems. Good luck

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Well booking in advance for long term in a village that you have no clue about is also a mistake. A big risk. Security, dogs, rooster etc. Yeah, high season but I still agree with the advice and by talking to local expats you should not have any problems. Good luck

Come on man. If you are planning to stay somewhere for a month you surely need to do your homework either by googling Las Terrenas, going to Las Terrenas live.com or lt7-.cOM the weekly on line newpaper or maybe, just maybe he should have talked to a local rental agency to see what was available at the price point they wanted. To show up in Las Terrenas with 3 kids in middle of high season without locking in accommodations is just dumb. Can't say it any plainer. Would anyone who is a seasoned travel show up in another country, especially with kids, and not no what their plan was. I am just shaking my head in disbelief. You can dislike my post, don't care.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
her budget is totally doable. I have paid in that price range for very good accommodations in LT. There is more offers than demands despite what they say ( I just paid 500 week for a brand new 2 bedr house in a brand new residencia during the holiday, it wasn't full).
Some popular place yes would be booked but if the OP is willing to little further from the beach, she will find something.
By the way, French would be more useful than Spanish.

Every one makes mistakes and in their case, they happen to receive bad advice, that's all.

Good Luck to them !

Last edited:

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Bea could help.

@ the OP's:
Call
Beatrice Looser (at Garden Plaza)
809 885 4074 & 829 643 34 43
She rents out properties short and long term.

donP

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
Come on man. If you are planning to stay somewhere for a month you surely need to do your homework either by googling Las Terrenas, going to Las Terrenas live.com or lt7-.cOM the weekly on line newpaper or maybe, just maybe he should have talked to a local rental agency to see what was available at the price point they wanted. To show up in Las Terrenas with 3 kids in middle of high season without locking in accommodations is just dumb. Can't say it any plainer. Would anyone who is a seasoned travel show up in another country, especially with kids, and not no what their plan was. I am just shaking my head in disbelief. You can dislike my post, don't care.

It was a mistake disliking your last post, was meant to be Like. Not sure how to undo that. Yes, with the kids maybe, but then it seems that this years it?s much busier. Still, In Cabarete/Sosua, it would not take many hours for somebody that knows the place to find a good 2 bedroom for 1000ish USD a month. It?s busy, but it?s not New year/Christmas-busy. Not sure about Las Terrenas

Last edited: