DR rules for new folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovemedo

Nov 3, 2013
My DR rules and thoughts based on my experiences and the experiences of others I know

Hired help
Don?t do it, they will see what you have, and repeat this to their family and others that may wish to steal from you.
Don?t use local security guards ? for the same reason
Men if you need a house keeper at least make sure she is hot, at the very minimum
Don?t assume they know how to clean to your liking

Payment
Don?t excessively over- pay, but be generous and humane in your giving
Don?t forget to pay- don?t be cheap

Respect
The only person that will respect your feelings, property etc is you

Money
Don?t leave anyone near the till?everrrrrrr
Don?t entrust them with minding your money or valuables
Do not trust your GF with your bank information or card details
Give her a monthly budget (hair nails etc and tell her that?s it)

People
Be careful of everyone, foreigners included.
Some of the trickiest people I ever met were foreigners. One told me that he tries to work out what others have and how best to get into their pockets. I have heard this a few times.
Do not bring as a rule anyone you don?t know into your home; bring the most trusted people only and even then ?rethink

Prostitutes
Use a love cabana, pork them in a field or pork them in the back of your Nissan pathfinder, don?t tell your wife
Pay them, as their husbands are waiting to buy family supplies and beer. Seriously, don?t underpay?you may get yourself in trouble
Don?t bring whores into your home
Share your business around maybe her mother or sister may be interested
Do not expect a dirty Sanchez, they aren?t into it

Poor people/underclass
Don?t associate with poor people; maintain your same social class, as the poor people you befriend will want you for what you can give them. That is why they want to know you, next you will receive phone calls in your home country asking for money ?I need? I need???western union?
If you want to be a charity go ahead, but do not befriend them, keep it professional and pleasant

Local/Foreigners
Be careful of everyone
Don?t share personal information, and be aware that people will seek to know your business
Be suspicious of foreigners that seek to help you? assume they want something. They will eventually ask for payment, or get a cut from the people they introduced you too (if you purchased services from them)
Be suspicious of people on boards that offer help i.e. One board member wanted to view my financial records before she would supply contact details to an investment house (I was looking for an investment house at the time and this nasty cow would not supply his details)
If you are overtly wealthy be aware that this will be noticed by foreigners and locals alike. You will go onto their agenda. Tread careful and casually when it comes to displaying your wealth

Legal
Always and only use GUZMAN ARIZA lawyers
Don?t believe that the other party signing a contract to sell or provide services understands what he is signing, cares about his inherent responsibility that lays there within, or can even understand what he has signed, much less read it
A contract means nothing
The courts will never support the foreigner- you will always lose
Purchase what you can afford to lose

Business
Don?t ever give your money to a builder/repairer to go and purchase home repair products. He will purchase some for himself and claim he used it all on your house. You purchase it

Chicas
Chica type 1- prostitute; she wants to be paid
Chica Type 2- GFE (Girlfriend experience) she will go anywhere and do everything, she will smile and rock your world; she will expect a GIFT
Chica type 3- party girl; she will drink your beer and enjoy your company, she may be open to your requests for further adventure; she will seek a GIFT
Chica type 4- Chica casa, this type stays home, unemployed, seeks a BF who will romance them and support her and her family via western union
Chica type 5 ? Well to do, she will not speak to you because she doesn?t need to know an over- weight repulsive looking 60 year old behemoth.
In general; they all want something, as they are not with you for your scintillating personality
If you don?t date a model back home and yet you have 3 Miss Worlds seeking your love?.question your judgment
Girlfriends may have 5-10 other men like you sending them $100-$300 a month, paying her rent, electricity. In fact the apartment she lives in that you are sitting in may well be paid for by boyfriend number 3
Does she have 20 pairs of shoes, and yet is not employed?..ask yourself how this is possible? Simple BF number 1 3 4 and 7 bought them
Keep in mind that she may well have said good bye to BF number 6 yesterday at the airport and welcomed you (number 2) today
Just as you came with an ?agenda? to sleep with every Maria Mildred, or Genesis, the women in turn have an agenda of their own

Dating a Dominican
Don?t let them live in your house
Don?t allow the family to move in ? you must expect that they will seek to live off of you
You must accept that their family comes first; you may well be the BANK
Do expect that they may have 5 other boyfriends and you are just 1

Having said this
I have been everywhere with every sexy Miss Dominican that ever exploded into existence from the back of Cabarete through to the ass end of Boca chica. I love the Dominican women; they are sweet, and dangerous. I have made love to 3, 4 and 5 chicas at a time. I have been ashamed and mortified by my actions, as well as unrepentant. I have skinny dipped in rivers with a 19 year old along and her BFF ?. and seen the twinkle in her eye (given to me by her BFF).What an experience (I am in good shape, I understand why women look at me). I have danced all night with women that should have a permit to wear those hips. They have sung into ear terribly, which was more than made up for when they entered my pool at 3am, in a state of matrimonial undress. I have gotten to know scores of them in the same way that Adam knew Eve. I have seen the poor marvel at the beauty of my home and then steal from me right under my nose. Along with wealthy foreigners who have done the very same thing. Would I swap this wild and reckless way of living, I mean all of this happened to me within my first 6 months here???? No I would not?.My life had begun, sink or swim, coupled with wild abandon. What I will do however (as a man can only handle so much) is kick my 8 foot tall iron gate closed, crack open a Brugal rum and jump into my pool for the 10th time this week, im looking at the sky, its so blue, I can see the palm trees in my estate sway ( God they must have been there 20 years?.my head is woozy?I almost dropped my tablet into my pool?.ah it?s good to be alive?. I need to rest

I hope you enjoyed my rules and thoughts

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
My DR rules and thoughts based on my experiences and the experiences of others I know

Hired help
Don?t do it, they will see what you have, and repeat this to their family and others that may wish to steal from you.
Don?t use local security guards ? for the same reason
Men if you need a house keeper at least make sure she is hot, at the very minimum
Don?t assume they know how to clean to your liking

Payment
Don?t excessively over- pay, but be generous and humane in your giving
Don?t forget to pay- don?t be cheap

Respect
The only person that will respect your feelings, property etc is you

Money
Don?t leave anyone near the till?everrrrrrr
Don?t entrust them with minding your money or valuables
Do not trust your GF with your bank information or card details
Give her a monthly budget (hair nails etc and tell her that?s it)

People
Be careful of everyone, foreigners included.
Some of the trickiest people I ever met were foreigners. One told me that he tries to work out what others have and how best to get into their pockets. I have heard this a few times.
Do not bring as a rule anyone you don?t know into your home; bring the most trusted people only and even then ?rethink

Prostitutes
Use a love cabana, pork them in a field or pork them in the back of your Nissan pathfinder, don?t tell your wife
Pay them, as their husbands are waiting to buy family supplies and beer. Seriously, don?t underpay?you may get yourself in trouble
Don?t bring whores into your home
Share your business around maybe her mother or sister may be interested
Do not expect a dirty Sanchez, they aren?t into it

Poor people/underclass
Don?t associate with poor people; maintain your same social class, as the poor people you befriend will want you for what you can give them. That is why they want to know you, next you will receive phone calls in your home country asking for money ?I need? I need???western union?
If you want to be a charity go ahead, but do not befriend them, keep it professional and pleasant

Local/Foreigners
Be careful of everyone
Don?t share personal information, and be aware that people will seek to know your business
Be suspicious of foreigners that seek to help you? assume they want something. They will eventually ask for payment, or get a cut from the people they introduced you too (if you purchased services from them)
Be suspicious of people on boards that offer help i.e. One board member wanted to view my financial records before she would supply contact details to an investment house (I was looking for an investment house at the time and this nasty cow would not supply his details)
If you are overtly wealthy be aware that this will be noticed by foreigners and locals alike. You will go onto their agenda. Tread careful and casually when it comes to displaying your wealth

Legal
Always and only use GUZMAN ARIZA lawyers
Don?t believe that the other party signing a contract to sell or provide services understands what he is signing, cares about his inherent responsibility that lays there within, or can even understand what he has signed, much less read it
A contract means nothing
The courts will never support the foreigner- you will always lose
Purchase what you can afford to lose

Business
Don?t ever give your money to a builder/repairer to go and purchase home repair products. He will purchase some for himself and claim he used it all on your house. You purchase it

Chicas
Chica type 1- prostitute; she wants to be paid
Chica Type 2- GFE (Girlfriend experience) she will go anywhere and do everything, she will smile and rock your world; she will expect a GIFT
Chica type 3- party girl; she will drink your beer and enjoy your company, she may be open to your requests for further adventure; she will seek a GIFT
Chica type 4- Chica casa, this type stays home, unemployed, seeks a BF who will romance them and support her and her family via western union
Chica type 5 ? Well to do, she will not speak to you because she doesn?t need to know an over- weight repulsive looking 60 year old behemoth.
In general; they all want something, as they are not with you for your scintillating personality
If you don?t date a model back home and yet you have 3 Miss Worlds seeking your love?.question your judgment
Girlfriends may have 5-10 other men like you sending them $100-$300 a month, paying her rent, electricity. In fact the apartment she lives in that you are sitting in may well be paid for by boyfriend number 3
Does she have 20 pairs of shoes, and yet is not employed?..ask yourself how this is possible? Simple BF number 1 3 4 and 7 bought them
Keep in mind that she may well have said good bye to BF number 6 yesterday at the airport and welcomed you (number 2) today
Just as you came with an ?agenda? to sleep with every Maria Mildred, or Genesis, the women in turn have an agenda of their own

Dating a Dominican
Don?t let them live in your house
Don?t allow the family to move in ? you must expect that they will seek to live off of you
You must accept that their family comes first; you may well be the BANK
Do expect that they may have 5 other boyfriends and you are just 1

Having said this
I have been everywhere with every sexy Miss Dominican that ever exploded into existence from the back of Cabarete through to the ass end of Boca chica. I love the Dominican women; they are sweet, and dangerous. I have made love to 3, 4 and 5 chicas at a time. I have been ashamed and mortified by my actions, as well as unrepentant. I have skinny dipped in rivers with a 19 year old along and her BFF ?. and seen the twinkle in her eye (given to me by her BFF).What an experience (I am in good shape, I understand why women look at me). I have danced all night with women that should have a permit to wear those hips. They have sung into ear terribly, which was more than made up for when they entered my pool at 3am, in a state of matrimonial undress. I have gotten to know scores of them in the same way that Adam knew Eve. I have seen the poor marvel at the beauty of my home and then steal from me right under my nose. Along with wealthy foreigners who have done the very same thing. Would I swap this wild and reckless way of living, I mean all of this happened to me within my first 6 months here???? No I would not?.My life had begun, sink or swim, coupled with wild abandon. What I will do however (as a man can only handle so much) is kick my 8 foot tall iron gate closed, crack open a Brugal rum and jump into my pool for the 10th time this week, im looking at the sky, its so blue, I can see the palm trees in my estate sway ( God they must have been there 20 years?.my head is woozy?I almost dropped my tablet into my pool?.ah it?s good to be alive?. I need to rest

Love every word of your post. Do you have a spare bedroom? Promise I won't steal anything.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Not all that long ago, Trust and Respect were earned not doled out in full measure at the first handshake as if "deserved".

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Not all that long ago, Trust and Respect were earned not doled out in full measure at the first handshake as if "deserved".

Trust is one thing that needs to be earned over time and with interaction. Basic respect is something that a lot of people have forgotten or has gone by the wayside. Respecting that every person has the same rights that you do and more so the locals, being basically nice to people, and interacting with people in general in a positive manner goes a long way here as well as in the rest of the Caribbean.

RandyLRM

May 21, 2014
Or, you could associate with educated/professional/some modicum of class people, hire help based on their recommendations, and be faithful to your wife/family (or find a partner from the aforementioned group of folks you spend time with), and not have to worry about most of this (or have this be on periphery of your experience here). Just sayin'

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
My favorite line is " Chica type 1 prostitute; She wants to be paid"

My question to the OP is how much research did you do to come to the conclusion hookers want to be paid?????

Gringos LOVE having sex with Chica type 1 and then try to turn her into Chica type 5.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
jstarebe,

I wasn't referring to the kind of basic respect you mention, more the "respected member of the community" type. Your point is none-the-less valid though.

Rgds.

Jan 9, 2004

.....And you are certainly entitled to your rules based on your experiences......But,

while those experiences certainly exist and some of those rules are valid.....you have, for whatever reason, missed a whole segment of Dominican society.

I sure hope someday you get to see things beyond Cabarete/Boca Chica/Sosua. There's much more out there....if you are so inclined to look.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My wife has accounts at two ferreter?as and we have several contractors that we use to build furniture, do electrical and plumbing repairs. My wife phones the store, they go purchase what's required and bring us the receipt. and at the end of the week we go pay the ferreter?as and confirm the purchases. Have they bought more than is required for the Jobs, perhaps one or two extra items. possibly.
Good advice on the hired help. As far as the chicas I don't know, and I think I'll keep it that way. I know there are lots of Dominican women/girls looking to trade up, and they don't care if the trade up is Dominican or Foreign. Plenty of old Dominican guys paying for young children at our school, some theirs and some that came with the package. I'm not perfect so I don't make any judgements on these relationships.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
My favorite line is " Chica type 1 prostitute; She wants to be paid"

My question to the OP is how much research did you do to come to the conclusion hookers want to be paid?????

Gringos LOVE having sex with Chica type 1 and then try to turn her into Chica type 5.

i see you have heard the rumor, too. somebody mentioned the same thing to me in passing. there must be some truth to the idea that they want some coin...

notreallyconfused

Feb 18, 2013
So right....trust no one!!!! This culture is one of the most selfish I've lived in. There's no changing anybody here. There's no win - win in business. It's win / lose. The moment I decided to accept what is, and change me, things got easier. Along with selfish, lying is another built-in behavior. From the rich to the poor. Bunch of liars. I accept nothing of what anyone tells me. I do my own research. They are allergic to telling the truth. Apart from that, I still can't leave. Why do I stay? The women...period. it's what drives me as a man. Until that changes, I'm here. That's the truth. I'm not a fat 60 year old. I'm 46 and handsome. But women in the states are shut down. Has any guy here tried to talk to a woman in the states in the street or in a public place? You get treated like a stalker! American women have forgot how to socialize. You have to watch everything you say. And for what??? A beat up 40 year-old??? Here I can talk to 20 somethings almost all of them will be interested on some level, and the one that aren't will treat me respectfully and not brush me off. Fact is for now, and I emphasize for now, people here are social. My phone rings off the hook. I've got a lot of acquaintances, and it's OK I don't trust them. I have people to go to the movies with (so what I pay) have a beer, take a walk, or whatever. Try being 40 + and finding new social circles in the US. Most of my good friends in the US have moved on with their families. I get it! It's normal. But where does that leave me? I'll stay right where I am and enjoy . I know I am not alone!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Lucky you.

I'm in TERRIBLE SHAPE, and I know WHY to women look at me TOO!!!!!!
As long as your wallet is "FAT", YOU are in "Great Shape"!!!!
AND, I get plenty of phone calls too!
SEX is always "Bought & Paid For" here in the DR, in the USA, you have to EARN IT!!!!!
Dominican women are EASY, USA women take some WORK!!!!!

THAT's why, I TOO, chose to move here!
I just don't delude myself into thinking those 18 year old hard bodies care if I live, or die, as long as a P-A-Y!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

mY WIFE TOLD ME THAT THE ONLY REASON SHE EVEN CONSIDERED GOING Out with mewas because I had MONEY!!!!!
THAT was 20 years, and 3 kids ago, this Oct. 14th.
Money hasn't run out yet I guess!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.